Team-BHP - Its a MERC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Its a MERC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/573-its-merc.html)

Hi! Team
I am really sorry I dont have any information about it but the site name is given above on the pictures so you can check in it.

ENJOY

Hope you all enjoyed

I think this is a concept vehicle not to test the car design but the technologies merc comes out with, otherwise its just a modified cl...

Cheers

Hey 0-100,

I think the pics youve got a hold of are what finally (and realistically) developed into the CLS.

Hey stratos... looks like this concept also has "dihedral synchrohelix actuation doors"

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 13 2004,21:02)]Hey stratos... looks like this concept also has "dihedral synchrohelix actuation doors"

Yeah!!!kinda similar to the Koenigsegg!!!
Gotto design my next car with those doors!!

Rehaan,Noooo, lol this is the F200 that was shown in 1996 at Paris i think and was the basis for W220 (S & CL) and Maybach roof and the Adaptive headlights (221). And the F500 is the concept one can refer to for details on the W221.

F200 had the following innovations : Maybach roof, ABC, Drive-by-wire (Will be on 221), Active headlights, Video cameras instead of rear view mirrors (Maybe on 221 but only for parking where the mirrors turn into LCD's, Gullwing doors (Put into production in the SLR), voice recognition and Keyless go i think which im not sure about.

hey s350
did you decide to post only in the merc topics???

yeah.this is the mer Fclass.Sucks bigtime.
Looks like a PS2 dome.

This car set the benchmark for a lot of Mercedes ideas, used in their production line-up in the late 90s and early 00s. I remember getting a poster of this F200 in a late 1996 issue of 'Auto India' magazine. Ah...the good 'ol days.

I still remember how excited I was when I recognised the headlights on the W220 S-Class, after having this poster in my bedroom for two years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
Gotto design my next car with those doors!!

don't forget to put in a steering-wheel too. its been @ 2 years since your post so i'm sure you've developed a decent enough system. i guess Mercedes was so obsessed with testing out new technologies in a car that they forgot to add the steering column.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aah78
don't forget to put in a steering-wheel too. its been @ 2 years since your post so i'm sure you've developed a decent enough system. i guess Mercedes was so obsessed with testing out new technologies in a car that they forgot to add the steering column.

It was 'meant' to be operated via a joystick.

Think advanced...very advanced.

What happened to the wheels !!!!!!!!!!

It s a very old concept.i ve seen this when i was small.My father told me theres a merc with no steering wheel.i didnt b live at that time but i b live it now

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTROD
It s a very old concept.i ve seen this when i was small.My father told me theres a merc with no steering wheel.i didnt b live at that time but i b live it now

Where did you see this when you were small? Can we have more details, cmmon man!

Quote:

Where did you see this when you were small? Can we have more details, cmmon man!

He's a student, he can't be too old.

Plus, my repeated post:

This car set the benchmark for a lot of Mercedes ideas, used in their production line-up in the late 90s and early 00s. I remember getting a poster of this F200 in a late 1996 issue of 'Auto India' magazine. Ah...the good 'ol days.

I still remember how excited I was when I recognised the headlights on the W220 S-Class, after having this poster in my bedroom for two years.

Quote:

Where did you see this when you were small?

Probably means seen it in a magazine or something.