Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 22:19   #1
BHPian

Audi R8 vs aircraft

I want to share with Team-BHP the following race which takes place on an aircraft carrier! The Audi R8 is a very fast car, and it's proven in this video. The competition is an Edge 550, also known as "The red bull plane". What I find interesting is the launch capabilities of the Audi R8 when compared to a high power prop plane such as the Edge 550. The Audi R8 is a very beautiful vehicle, pristine in engineering and vogue. Cutting edge technology, light weight design, and a very powerful engine make the Audi R8 a great vehicle for any sports car enthusiast.

Article: Audi R8 races an Aircraft

This race proves the capabilities of the Audi R8. It may not be able to beat the Bugatti Veyron (see here) but it sure does very well. Good job Audi, what an astounding piece of machinery!
Old 20th May 2009, 22:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

I like it from the front but on the technical side of it, I like the rear double calliper brake set up on each side.
Old 21st May 2009, 02:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

They call that a race? It ended as soon as it started.

Shan2nu
Old 21st May 2009, 04:45   #4
BHPian

LOL Shan2nu that is funny, because it's not really a race at all is it? I agree the titling of the original video could use some editing. It's more of a launch competition. It was very close though, a photo finish indeed. However, after consideration the Edge doesn't have the fastest acceleration either. It is a propeller craft after all, not the most modern example of aviation indeed.

Randhawa I agree the braking system is superb, and I'm sure the driver of that vehicle was hoping it stood up to the name. It stopped the vehicle with plenty of time before crashing into the sea. The brake system is amazing indeed!

I like the interior styling of the R8 myself, it's slick and almost James Bond-like.
Old 21st May 2009, 05:06   #5
BHPian

If this is amazing check out audi R8 V10.It is a rocket.I can't wait when it comes out in the fall here in US
Old 21st May 2009, 23:30   #6
BHPian

Thank you traumasurg, I didn't know there was a v10 model. I can't wait to see more of that one! What kind of numbers do you think we'll see?
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Lol, that video made me chuckle a fair bit. It looked painfully slow! They should've sped up the footage if anything. I felt I could lightly jog quicker!
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Lol, that video made me chuckle a fair bit. It looked painfully slow! They should've sped up the footage if anything. I felt I could lightly jog quicker!
Haha yeah I agree aniguchisan . I think it's the sheer magnitude of the aircraft carrier. I've been on one, too many times lol. They are HUGE. Totally agree the camera angles ruined the race lol. I did like the photo finish though. Honestly, for a prop plane, the Edge 550 did pretty good running against the Audi. I think this video illustrates more about the aircraft than the Audi. Who would imagine a single prop plane could accelerate so fast!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks