Old 3rd July 2008, 12:46   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It's just a joke, not really true.
aw snap :( i really thought it was :|
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:21   #47
BHPian

Did you guys see that episode of Frasier where Niles comes to Frasier's place in a Segway and then everyone in the house falls in love with it (even Martin).
Old 7th December 2008, 20:02   #48
BHPian

New Form of Transport

Came across this new form of Transport catching up in the USA, Actor Niel Nitin Mukesh also owns one here in india. heres more abt it.

"When Dean Kamen unveiled the Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) on ABC's Good Morning America, he described the machine as "the world's first self-balancing human transporter." When you look at the machine in motion, you get an idea of what he's talking about. Unlike a car, the Segway PT only has two wheels, yet it manages to stay upright by itself.
To move forward or backward on the Segway PT, the rider just leans slightly forward or backward. To turn left or right, the rider simply moves the LeanSteer frame left or right. You get the sense of power and speed, yet you also feel a sense of safety and absolute control. It all feels natural, safe, and instinctive.
The Segway PT can take you places that a car or bicycle can't - including inside many stores, office buildings, businesses, airports, elevators, and trains. Although they're ideal for short jaunts, Segway PTs can travel as far as 24 miles/38 km on a single battery charge, depending on terrain, payload, and riding style.
Like any invention that's ahead of its time, the Segway PT is often misunderstood. The gleeful smiles of Segway PT riders may have created an impression that this is ...well...a toy. But make no mistake. While a Segway PT is incredibly fun to ride, it is serious transportation designed for today's world."
LINK - Segway
Attached Thumbnails
The Segway - Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph-segway.jpg  

The Segway - Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph-segway1.jpg  

The Segway - Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph-segway_3.jpg  

The Segway - Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph-segway_4.jpg  

The Segway - Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph-segway_x2_med.jpg  

Last edited by madhokritesh : 7th December 2008 at 20:04.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:55   #49
BHPian

GM & Segway introduce 2 seater personal vechile

GM and Segway are developing the electric two-seat prototype with two wheels which combines technologies created by Segway and GM. The vehicle is billed as a safe, cheap and clean alternative to traditional automobiles for use in cities worldwide...

Source: GM & Segway introduce JV personal vehicle-Pictures- Day in Pics - Economic Times
Old 8th April 2009, 10:23   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I saw some pictures and the 2 seater PV looks cool, a given with Segway designs. The image it creates is crucial to initial levels of acceptability.

Nope, I don't think this is the solution to urban transportation problems though. But it does have a potential role in segments such as large school campuses, airports, office complexes, manufacturing facilities and the like. Maybe even smaller towns (with the local govt. support of course).
Old 8th April 2009, 11:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
GM and Segway are developing the electric two-seat prototype with two wheels which combines technologies created by Segway and GM. The vehicle is billed as a safe, cheap and clean alternative to traditional automobiles for use in cities worldwide...

Source: GM & Segway introduce JV personal vehicle-Pictures- Day in Pics - Economic Times
Its called the Puma and I doubt if it is anything other than a half-hearted attempt by GM to tell the government that it is trying to do something with all the money they've been given.

The Segway was supposed to revolutionize transport by itself - a few years down the line, you would have to be incredibly silly to don a helmet and climb onto this device to do what others do with their feet.

The device is also not entirely idiot-proof - George Bush fell off one.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Read an article on TOI, about Neil Nitin Mukesh getting himself a new Segway.
I'd love to get myself one of these!
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:37   #53
BHPian

Re: The Segway - Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph

This is now launched in India.
Bird Segway
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

^^ I hope they have Indianised models with better GC,

any idea of the price range at launch?
Old 22nd May 2012, 21:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
^^ I hope they have Indianised models with better GC,

any idea of the price range at launch?
They have a offroading model, some adventure model. That one will just about manage in Mumbai. You will have to get off and lift it up across obstacles every 3-400 meters though.

The biggest fallacy in this bike (its got two wheels! both at the same place though) is that it does not seem to have a horn!
How can you move at 25 kmph in India without a horn?!

Price range is, I think from around 3 lakhs. I have no concrete info.
sen2009 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks