Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2004, 23:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ex-Jaguar Engineers have come up with a Type D concept car powered by a V10 Hybrid engine.

The stunning coupé will deliver 140mph, 0-60mph in 6.2s, 42mpg and genuine 2+2+ seating configuration, while still complying with ultra-low emissions targets set for 2010.
Ultra-lightweight construction helps to realise the ambitious fuel efficiency targets while the mid-front north-south mounted engine and rear-wheel drive configuration guarantees maximum driving pleasure without compromising rear space. The cleverly engineered convertible ‘Eclipse’ version will have electrically-powered stacking glass panels which disappear into the boot lid without loss of luggage space. The Type-D will be competitively priced starting at around £35,000.
Pretty Kool Stuff! what say!

Old 7th September 2004, 00:56   #2
BHPian

thats slow and too far out..i had posted an awesome looking toyota super car hybrid, which does 0-60 in 4.2 sec and is right around the corner, more like end of 05...now that would be a killer...around 100k which is dirt cheap for a car like that..if they go ahead with it..toyota might come out to be the new ferrari of this mellinium since...hybrid is the way to go..( i am saying this even when i hate toyota/lexus products)

Old 7th September 2004, 11:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hybrid is more like a stop gap until hydrogen cell or electric technologies are found viable for mass commercial production. And these seem a long way off.

We are going to be sitting on rocking chairs telling our grandchildren about high-revving petrol engines, free flows and optimum shifting points. Too bad the next generations wont have any petrol to run their cars.

Probably thats when Team-BHP archives will mean more than ever!

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks