Team-BHP - Cars in Hong Kong
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Cars in Hong Kong (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/59570-cars-hong-kong.html)

Hi Guys,

If this is fine with the moderators. I would like to dedicate a thread to cars that are here in Hong Kong. I have a few pictures that I have on my comp so will upload them now, will post more pictures later.

It looked like a Gypsy, but has been badged as a Samurai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyking (Post 1326501)
Hi Guys,
It looked like a Gypsy, but has been badged as a Samurai.

It was a Maruti Gypsy that you had seen. The Gypsy has many names worldwide due to a large number of exports, in other words it's re-badged and has different names in different countries/regions. It's also known as the Suzuki Samurai, Suzuki Sierra, Suzuki Potohar, Suzuki Caribbean, Suzuki Santana, Holden Drover (Australia) and Maruti Gypsy (India).

Sorry the pictures didn't get uploaded. Here they are attached.

Didnt know where to post these and than found this dedicated thread for HK. i got this pics from a friend who travelled to HK sometime ago. he spotted these 2 at the airport.

Like the color. something different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 1847523)

British Racing Green...

These cars must be belonging to Hotel Peninsula, they own a huge fleet of Phanthom's 14 in particular for their guests to be wafted in.

Yes they own the single largest fleet of phantoms,all in this special green livery made especially for them.

Rolls dos anything with style. Get a load of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 1847889)
Rolls dos anything with style. Get a load of this.

May be stupid: but what that guy is showing? Are they keys or what?

Wats up with RR being used as cabs. I heard that some hotel in Mumbai (Sahara??) was also offering free airport transfer in a RR on a 2 night booking of a superior double room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradipk (Post 1847900)
May be but what that guy is showing? Are they keys or what?

Yes, they are indeed keys for the 14 RR Phantoms delivered to the Hotel Peninsula, Hong kong. The cars are used as their Airport Transfer vehicles.

The color is not British Racing Green but one which RR made 'exclusively' for Hotel Peninsula on request from the owner, Sir.Michael Kadoorie(trust me, I remembered his name from the day I read the article on these cars when the cars were delivered in 2006). The color is called, Peninsula Green. ;)

Just in case you are planning to check in, here is a link to check em out in advance - :D

Hong Kong Airport Transfers | The Peninsula Hong Kong

Incidently, Guess what the fleet of RR Phantoms replaced, a fleet of RR Silver Spirits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 1847523)
Didnt know where to post these and than found this dedicated thread for HK. i got this pics from a friend who travelled to HK sometime ago. he spotted these 2 at the airport.

Yep, Peninsula is known to be the single largest owner of (14) Rolls Royce Phantoms. They got the colour made specially for them.

If your friend would've gone a little further ahead, he would've been in heaven with an open parking lot with about 20-30 S-Classes and a couple of Phantoms (not belonging to the Peninsula).

The RR Phantom pictures from Hong Kong are great.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMK2210 (Post 1326520)
It was a Maruti Gypsy that you had seen. The Gypsy has many names worldwide due to a large number of exports, in other words it's re-badged and has different names in different countries/regions. It's also known as the Suzuki Samurai, Suzuki Sierra, Suzuki Potohar, Suzuki Caribbean, Suzuki Santana, Holden Drover (Australia) and Maruti Gypsy (India).

Was known as the Suzuki Jimmy in the US market. It had some safety related issues and was in the news during the turn of the century.

Thought I might update this thread with a couple of pictures I've snapped on my phone. Sorry for the quality though, dumb 3.2 mega pixels.

To make up, I'll rampage the cars in the parking lot of my building, which are indeed very interesting! :)

First is a pimped up 525i with bling wheels and a body kit, a X-type with a custom number plate and a sweetly modded (quad exhaust, replica BBS rims (not sure why he used replicas with stuff in HK being reasonably priced), CF parts on the bodykit) BMW 335i.

Saw this in HK, last week!

Cheers!