Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 22:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Simply beautiful.The red interiors are mesimerising.
Old 31st May 2009, 22:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

I really like that Panel Picture!
Amazing car and only 3300 miles is incredible! (but why?)
Old 31st May 2009, 22:22   #18
BHPian

amazing car. for a 20 year old car it certainly is awesome.
Old 31st May 2009, 22:35   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Wow! there's still fuel in the car!

And it reads Unleaded fuel only. Back in 89! Unleaded fuel was un-heard of in India.
Old 31st May 2009, 23:19   #20
BANNED

Dust??? what dust???. Been to India??? we will show you dust. My car left on the road for 20 mins will have more dust then your Corvette managed in 20 years.

About the car..... Well speechless....
Old 31st May 2009, 23:31   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
But why wasnt it used for 20 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
nice and cool car.Why was she caged for 20 years.Some punishment

Interiors reminds me of Knight Rider.Cool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
amazing car. for a 20 year old car it certainly is awesome.
I cant get more monotonous than this.

Why was this beauty locked up for 20 yrs.

Vertigo - a beautiful car, congratulations on getting hold of it, follow proper procedures before startup.

Get the beauty running and start shooting more pics and post it here soon.

Best of Luck.
Old 1st June 2009, 01:51   #22
BHPian

Thanks everyone, here's the quick story on the car:

It was ordered and purchased new by my dad, for my mom, and the car was delivered on April 24, 1989. I was very young back then, and obviously not old enough to drive a car. Anyway, my mom drove the car a few times and became too scared to drive it, so after a few years it ended up just sitting in the garage. The car was always stored indoors since new, it was never even rained on!

So many years later my dad passed away, sadly, and I inherited the dusty car, as it sits. I thought I may as well bring it back to life, so here I am, slowly and carefully getting it ready. The car now sits in my garage, waiting for its eventual revival
Old 1st June 2009, 11:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post

It was ordered and purchased new by my dad, for my mom, and the car was delivered on April 24, 1989. I was very young back then, and obviously not old enough to drive a car. Anyway, my mom drove the car a few times and became too scared to drive it, so after a few years it ended up just sitting in the garage. The car was always stored indoors since new, it was never even rained on!

So many years later my dad passed away, sadly, and I inherited the dusty car, as it sits. I thought I may as well bring it back to life, so here I am, slowly and carefully getting it ready. The car now sits in my garage, waiting for its eventual revival
I'm so sorry about your Dad. However I think it's a fitting gesture on your part to restore this beauty that your Dad had bought. Once again phenomenal restore. It would be appreciated if you posted more pics of the car.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post

Very sorry about your dad bro. But Its your chance to bring this beauty back to life. Please do it for your dad's sake
Old 1st June 2009, 14:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic car. Congrats on inheriting a real beauty. A fitting tribute to your Dad if you can restore this & get it back on road.
Old 1st June 2009, 14:52   #26
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your dad, but i am sure u won`t have to do much of restoration as it looks brand new, you just need to clear the sharp edges.

I must say, u hit a jackpot man, The electronic instrument cluster looks like some kind of airplane cockpit with all sorts of data on display.

Rip the roads and burn some rubber.

Abbas.
Old 1st June 2009, 15:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on such a lovely car. She looks like she is in pristine condition. Please do post a detailed review once you've gotten her running. And you're right, the instrument cluster is really amazing.
Old 1st June 2009, 15:39   #28
BHPian

Err fellas I hate to rain on the party here but did anyone bother to check on the website as watermarked in the picture?
In case you do check it out the story of the corvette appears as here
It’s 20 Years Old Now…
and I quote :
"
It’s hard to believe this car is 20 years old now. I still remember when it was ordered, and the day it was picked up - the day after my birthday (April 26). How do I remember this day so easily? It’s not because getting a Corvette was such a big deal - many people had them in Massapequa - it’s because I had some friends over for a cool party on my birthday the day before.
Over the years the 1989 Corvettenaccumulated a total of about 6000 miles, and when I moved to south Florida, the car was brought here on an enclosed trailer. There’s really not much else to tell about the car - it’s your basic fully-loaded C4, optioned the same way most were at the time. It’s not a [then new] 6-speed model, however. I always liked these cars for their digital dashboards, which reminded me of the old television series “Battlestar Galactica“. I know that digital instruments are considered geeky and useless today, though I still think they look awesome.
I still have the car and it sits in the garage covered in a fairly thick layer of dust. Although the car still looks new, it will need some attention to make it roadworthy. Nothing major - fluid and filter changes mainly, from its long hibernation. The last time I used it was in December of 2004 (date of photos above), and it ran just fine. Today I purchased a new battery for the car, and replacing the battery in a C4 Corvette is a pain in the *** believe it or not. I’ll install the battery this week (I hope) and we’ll see what happens. On a side note, these images were taken using the first real digital camera I owned - a Nikon Coolpix 995.
A quick update: I have a new battery installed in the car - the install wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, maybe 30 minutes total. I was also able to correct an incorrectly installed lower sill fastener from the factory. One thing that surprises me is all of the tapping screws and cheap plastic fasteners that keep this car together. The fasteners are designed for a loose-tolerance fit, so the car could be assemebled with no issues no matter how poorly the fit. I’m not impressed. I’m assuming that the current Corvette does not follow this trend. In any event, I’ll change the oil and bring the car to my local dealer for a fluid change and injector service. From there, it will be ready for regular use"

Where did the mum and the dad and the inheritance part come in?
The blog owner apparently bought the car and rode it for some 6k miles, unlike the 3k odd miles you claim mr vert1go.

Could you please come clean here? or maybe your name is Greg Terzian and you felt like posting on an Indian forum just randomly. Maybe you forgot the date you bought the car and the milage so far.
Tell us, we'll forgive you!

Cheers

Pradster

Last edited by pradster : 1st June 2009 at 15:41. Reason: cleaned up the tags
Old 1st June 2009, 18:06   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Err fellas I hate to rain on the party here

[b]Could you please come clean here? or maybe your name is Greg Terzian
Tell us, we'll forgive you!

Cheers