Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:03   #31
BHPian

I'm glad you read my blog

But the mileage posted was actual, and the number in the blog is an error. This is a photo of the NY inspection sticker on the window - note mileage:

Since the car would not be legal to drive without a valid inspection, it's logical to conclude the error on my blog. I'm not writing for the Encyclopedia Britannica, it's just a personal blog site man. As for the two-day error on the car's delivery - are you really serious that this is such an issue? I'm pretty sure it's the 24th, though I would be glad to make the corrections on my blog for you. LOL!

Is that what you mean by "coming clean"?
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

You must have lot of patience to keep such a car untouched, even if you were under age.

Any way! its never too late. Unleash the beast.
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Where did the mum and the dad and the inheritance part come in?
The blog owner apparently bought the car and rode it for some 6k miles, unlike the 3k odd miles you claim mr vert1go.

Could you please come clean here? or maybe your name is Greg Terzian and you felt like posting on an Indian forum just randomly. Maybe you forgot the date you bought the car and the milage so far.
Tell us, we'll forgive you!

Cheers

Pradster
FYI: I chose to leave out the 'mom and dad' story in my blog at the time of writing. Not sure what else you think is going on, maybe it's a secret conspiracy.

I guess you think I bought the car when it was new? I could show you that I certainly was not old enough to drive in 1989. My blog merely states that I remember when the car was ordered and when it was delivered, I never said I ordered it or drove it - please re-read the quote in your post or my blog.

Anyway, as mentioned, the mileage was an error on my blog. Remember that I only very recently started working on the car. I'll be glad to post a photo of the odometer if you would like

Greg

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd June 2009 at 19:37. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our rules carefully, Thanks
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

You can call that 'brand spankin new', even after 20 years! Nice machine!
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Err fellas I hate to rain on the party here.........
Looks like Mr. Vert1go has too much time on his hands courtesy the recession. Dude, go get a job and a life.
Nice stolen pics though.
Mods, close this please.
Old 2nd June 2009, 02:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Looks like Mr. Vert1go has too much time on his hands courtesy the recession. Dude, go get a job and a life.
Nice stolen pics though.
Mods, close this please.

Huh? I have a job, what do you mean? People asked why the car was not used, and I told them, otherwise I saw no need to discuss that either here or on my blog. This post was about this car, not my father. Stolen photos? Huh???

I'll make you a deal Roy, you tell me exactly what photo you would like, and I'll go take it for you right now . Just name it. Jeez.
Old 2nd June 2009, 03:09   #37
BHPian

Here's a photo of the RPO ID tag on my Corvette. This lists all factory options as well as standard equipment. All GM cars include this ID tag.
Attached Thumbnails
[pics] 20-year old Corvette uncovered with 3300 miles on it-rpo.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2009, 03:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Nice stolen pics though.
Mods, close this please.
Taking a closer look at the pics on the blog and the ones uploaded here, I see they are not the same. For example, in the first pic in the blog, you see a blue trash can and a SUV passing by. In the pic uploaded here, they're missing. Also, the angle of the shot is different. The interior pics are different - taken outdoors and indoors. The instrument panel pic is the same though. However, the location and the car itself seem the same in both the set of pics. AND, the pics uploaded here are NOT available on the blog.

It could be that a different set of pics of the same car are uploaded here.

Last edited by DueLLeR : 2nd June 2009 at 03:55.
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:54   #39
BHPian

I made a video entry in my blog just for all of you

For Team-BHP, A Quick Video Tour
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:27   #40
BHPian

Nice video Greg, and a beautiful car you have got there.
You will have to forgive the scepticism, or best ignore it. It is not everyday that a 20 year old beauty comes up here and that too with such low mileage.
You really seem to think that the car is dusty. LOL. You should see the condition of cars in India.
Congrats and make sure that you get your beauty running properly.

ps: Thanks a lot for sharing. Happy driving.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
Anyway, as mentioned, the mileage was an error on my blog. Remember that I only very recently started working on the car. I'll be glad to post a photo of the odometer if you would like

Greg

Naah, its okay. we have heaps of fakers show up here on this forum.
Just checked your blog again though I cant see the video at work, the whole effort seems legit!

Plus I got loads to do except sit here and research the validity of your car!

Last edited by pradster : 2nd June 2009 at 10:58.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I'll make you a deal Roy, you tell me exactly what photo you would like, and I'll go take it for you right now ......
Hmmm......just saw your video. I must now wipe the egg off my face as it seems that you are indeed Greg Terzian.
How about a photo of you holding a placard that says 'I posted pics of my Corvette on TBHP and got called a faker'.
Nice car, and don't let my initial skepticism stop you from posting further pics of this fabulous machine.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm......just saw your video. I must now wipe the egg off my face as it seems that you are indeed Greg Terzian.
How about a photo of you holding a placard that says 'I posted pics of my Corvette on TBHP and got called a faker'.
Nice car, and don't let my initial skepticism stop you from posting further pics of this fabulous machine.
It's all cool

How's this?
Attached Thumbnails
[pics] 20-year old Corvette uncovered with 3300 miles on it-003.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2009, 14:55   #44
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's all cool

How's this?
HAHA!

I must say you have some patience/ tolerance. First leaving a car untouched for so many years, then actually posting that picture in good spirit!

If it's not too much to ask, what other car(s) you have, that might explain how could you afford to ignore this red hot car.
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
It's all cool

How's this?
LOL!! good on you greg! killer ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks