Team-BHP - 2010 Camaro SS vs 1968 Camaro SS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2010 Camaro SS vs 1968 Camaro SS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/59626-2010-camaro-ss-vs-1968-camaro-ss.html)

Which one is better, the 1968 Camaro SS or the 2010 Camaro SS?

This is an interesting race and comparison, the 2010 Camaro SS vs a 1968 Camaro SS! Watch the race and content below then comment your thoughts!

Click here to see: 2010 Camaro SS vs 1968 Camaro SS

My thoughts: I think the '68 Camaro does great for being under powered, and over forty years old. It's kind of a refreshment to see how much we have come forward in technology yet it really isn't that much better. The older Camaro actually hangs with the new one. I think this has something to do with weight! The new one is almost 800 pounds heavier than the older one.

Overall, I like both but I have to say the 1968 is my favorite. Even with less technology, it still keeps up. In my opinion, this is very impressive!clap:

I think it is unfair to compare New and Old Cars because if the New Car wins then it is expected and everyone wants to make fun of the Old Car as not only has it lost but it is also old.
It is the Idiotic mentality of people. I hate such people.

Its a vague comparison, to line up two cars from totally different eras and see which one's better. Technology has come a long way since the late 60's,so this really is pointless.
If you look at the cars from an 'icon/image' stand point, then the '68 takes the cake, hands down!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1464816)
Its a vague comparison, to line up two cars from totally different eras and see which one's better. Technology has come a long way since the late 60's,so this really is pointless.
If you look at the cars from an 'icon/image' stand point, then the '68 takes the cake, hands down!!

dude, in those 40 yrs, the whole definition of car design has changed dramatically. Iconic Muscle car , '68 camaro. this was awesome on straight roads but shudder at the thought of corners.rudimentary build technology.

2010 camaro, neat packaging. ECO and power friendly engine, much much better handling (although not class beating). safety , ergonomics blah blah blah built into the design.

so now, the comparison is more like chalk and cheese.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1469095)
dude, in those 40 yrs, the whole definition of car design has changed dramatically. Iconic Muscle car , '68 camaro. this was awesome on straight roads but shudder at the thought of corners.rudimentary build technology.

2010 camaro, neat packaging. ECO and power friendly engine, much much better handling (although not class beating). safety , ergonomics blah blah blah built into the design.

so now, the comparison is more like chalk and cheese.

Exactly. thats why I said that this comparison is vague.We'r not talking about comparing apples to apples, rather apples to pineapples!
:D
(Like I mentioned earlier, it'll be the '68 for me, please!clap: )

Id take the 2010 Camaro.I like the old one too but prefer this for its looks!

The new camaro is too softly sprung. Interiors are shabby and perf wise its got the LS3 motor and matches up well with the G8/GTO. Its a step better than the challenger though. New mustang with the V6-TT should be interesting.