Team-BHP - E60 M5 - Totalled!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   E60 M5 - Totalled!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/5983-e60-m5-totalled.html)

Boy did i hate seeing this today... totally ruined whatever remains of it.

Some lucky chap in Sweden got a bit unlucky, pushed his car around a corner with top speed limited at 50kmph, crashed between two trees and totalled it.

Now, here's the interesting part. The driver wasn't the owner. He was the friend of the friend of the father's Boss who owned the car. To make it simpler for those to understand, imagine your Dad's boss owned the car and you gave it to a friend to drive it. Your dad for sure is gonna lose his job!

Luckily, the guys walked out without any major injuries, the passenger shell held up, the air bags were deployed, the BMW held its occupants safe.

Apparently, the driver behind the wheel has been involved in illegal races previously. In his defence, he claims his tyre exploded while negotiating the turn, and that he was within the speed limit. Two things i find hard to believe.

Meanwhile, its one less M5 on the road... Sad.. very sad.

Pics:

Revv

P.S. Oh sorry... here are the sources

M5 Board

RS6.com

Ouch that hurts !!!

Another one of those bad times in the day

Sob !!!

Dippy

Thats bad, he's gotta do a lot of explaining.
I can't understand how it happened. The rear tyre is flat, the rear wheel is broken.

Anyways, could you please post the source of the story so we can read more about it?

Very bad, how could that guy be so irresponsible with the car which is not his own and Very sad to see the M5 in that condition.

Yikess....this is pretty bad....good to know none were hurt....i think the tyre burst is belivable coz a big piece of the rear alloy is totally come off... but then again that really isnt proof enough.

Really really damn sad to know.. worst it wasnot his car and that is gonna land him in more trouble for being irresponsible..

Ouch really hurt one M5 off the road..

Damn him!!! :mad: ...this guy should be hanged(better if his legs and hands are cut off) ... this is one car im DYING to see(happens to be my fav too) ...and heres this guy whos already done away PERMANENTLY with one..anoying...very annoying!

Well its hard to say anything. The M5 is fitted with a black-box. If it is a tyre burst, it'll show. If it isn't, he is faffing his way through. Insurance cos. won't take this lightly after all.

Revv

Ya guys.. its a really bad scene.. its nearly impossible that the car will loose out so much especially if it has runflat tyres.. this appears to be a clear case of rash driving or no knowledge of driving at all!!

Feel more sorry for the car than the driver. And of course the father.

that rear rim clearly tells that it was not a 50 kph........so much of crumpling at 50....not possible

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
that rear rim clearly tells that it was not a 50 kph........so much of crumpling at 50....not possible

agree:

totally agree with burnt rubber,
that much damage at 50 is really not possible.theres got to be more to it.

Rev