Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 22:19   #31
BHPian

They did experiment with the Headlamps but they dont look good to me . Infact i would have preferred two of those with a small size .
Old 18th August 2009, 22:49   #32
v10
BHPian

I love it. Amazing design from bentley and it totally trumps the phantom. The side profile, the exuberance, and the bold looks, its just pure class. And for the guys who dont like the little lamps on the outer sides, go see how bentleys looked in the 60's and 70's. Even they had these small lamps which set them apart IMO. I am attaching a picture of the interior too.
Attached Thumbnails
All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-1789995726456356x236.jpg  

Old 18th August 2009, 23:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ v10 - I see the light (metaphorically!). The dash + centre console is awesome, no doubt. Love the rear, love the side profile. One big lamp though, would have been enough up front. Anyway.
Old 18th August 2009, 23:43   #34
v10
BHPian

Just 2 pictures to highlight where this car draws its secondary lights from.
Attached Thumbnails
All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-bentleys1continentalfro.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-2011bentleymulsanne_100226652_m.jpg  

Last edited by v10 : 18th August 2009 at 23:45.
v10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2009, 00:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

The hype that they created. Sorry Bentley, I don't approve of the effort on the styling. Are you trying to say you messed up to make it better or messier and moreover the color they chose to represent are not good. Neither here nor their.

Interiors will be bespoke so all owners will love it inside

I think Arnage resale will be now better itself.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Latest Video release of Mulsanne:

Old 19th August 2009, 13:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
The hype that they created. Sorry Bentley, I don't approve of the effort on the styling. Are you trying to say you messed up to make it better or messier and moreover the color they chose to represent are not good. Neither here nor their.

Interiors will be bespoke so all owners will love it inside

I think Arnage resale will be now better itself.
the looks, well, its gorgeous in the metal apparently. unlike in the pix. my brother used to work for bentley and hes had a first hand in the interiors of the car and he says this is not one of those photogenic cars. its best in real.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:51   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm torn. It's an Arnage successor and that means I WANT TO love it. But somehow, something stops me. The Arnage was pure class and character.

The interiors of this Bentley will be beautiful. I know. But somehow, it doesnt excite me.

I think ajmat said it perfectly. A bit yankee, footballer and arab bling all rolled into one.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

The latest promotional video of new Mulssane:its a beautiful video

Old 1st October 2009, 06:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

the mulsane is insane. I must tell you. Roll's beater? well, not really but close I'd say.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:13   #41
Team-BHP Support

Making of the Mulsanne!

Bentley has started the production of the luxury Mulsanne, which will reach first customers this summer. UK pricing starts at £220,000 and the US pricing from $285,000. Here is a video from the new 7500m2 assembly center that showcases traditional British coach building skills and painstaking attention to detail.

The shining bare metal shells that will eventually become Bentley’s new flagship are created using a combination of high-strength steels and aluminum. These components are assembled into a complete shell using techniques that range from industry-leading adhesives through to hand-crafted brazing skills.

It takes 125 man-hours to create the steel and aluminum body of the Mulsanne.

Prospective Mulsanne customers can take an even closer look at the production from a specially designed viewing gallery, where they can see how their cars take shape, from individual panels to finished body.

Video:

Source: Video: Bentley offers first glimpse of Mulsanne production
Attached Thumbnails
All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne1.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne2.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne3.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne4.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne5.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne6.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne7.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne8.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne9.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne10.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne11.jpg  

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne12.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th February 2010 at 20:15.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Bentley has started the production of the luxury Mulsanne,
nice find mate. I'd like to see the mulsanne hit indian shores soon.
Old 14th February 2010, 12:46   #43
BHPian

oh man they take so much care in making this car.
Me too love to see this car on Indian roads.
Old 21st February 2020, 15:44   #44
BHPian

Re: All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed

End of an era as Bentley bids farewell to Mulsanne
All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-mulsanne.jpg
Quote:
The Mulsanne, launched in 2010, is named after the Mulsanne Corner of the Le Mans racing circuit, where Bentley race cars have won the 24 hour race six times.

“The Mulsanne has played a pivotal role in maintaining Bentley’s position as global leader of the luxury limousine segment,” said Chris Craft, member of the board for sales, marketing and aftersales at Bentley Motors.

"While production of the Mulsanne will end in Spring 2020, this decision has been taken at a time when we are experiencing significant customer demand across our other existing model lines and as such, we will be redeploying all of our manufacturing colleagues who currently work on the Mulsanne to other areas of the business."
Quote:
Created by Mulliner, the coachbuilding arm of Bentley, the final act of the outgoing 10-year-old Mulsanne, said to be the pinnacle of Bentley cars, is the 6.75 Edition by Mulliner. It is restricted to 30 cars.
Quote:
Once this batch is sold in 2020, the Flying Spur will commence with its new position of flagship model.
All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-bentleyflyingspur.jpg
Source
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 17:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed

The Bentley Mulsanne - The End of an Era

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-smartselect_20200625174157_chrome.jpg

After more than a decade in production, the final example of the Mulsanne has been completed, signifying the end of an illustrious and extraordinary lifespan. Over 7,300 examples - all handcrafted at Bentley’s home in Crewe, Cheshire - have embodied Bentley’s ability to produce the ultimate luxury sedan.

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

With typical end-of-production celebrations curtailed by the COVID-19 pandemic, Bentley Colleagues gathered for socially-distanced photographs with the final cars, and marked the departure of Mulsanne by sharing their thoughts of the outgoing Bentley flagship on camera.

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-smartselect_20200625174150_chrome.jpg

Bentley Chairman and Chief Executive, Adrian Hallmark, comments:
“The Mulsanne is the culmination of all that we at Bentley have learnt during our first 100 years in producing the finest luxury cars in the world. As the flagship of our model range for over a decade, the Mulsanne has firmly solidified its place in the history of Bentley as nothing less than a true icon. I am immensely proud of the hundreds of designers, engineers and craftspeople that brought the Mulsanne to life over the last ten years. Now, as we begin Bentley’s journey to define the future of sustainable luxury mobility through our Beyond100 strategy, the role of Bentley flagship is passed to the new Flying Spur.”

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-cq5dam.web.1280.1280-1.jpg

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-cq5dam.web.1280.1280-2.jpg

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-cq5dam.web.1280.1280-3.jpg

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-cq5dam.web.1280.1280-4.jpg

All-New Grand Bentley teaser - Bentley Mulsanne now revealed-cq5dam.web.1280.1280-5.jpg

The End is just the beginning

https://twitter.com/BentleyMotors/st...682279936?s=09

https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/wor...of-an-era.html

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th June 2020 at 17:58.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks