Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2004, 17:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Amercian styling+European dimensions & dynamics is what merc calls this new concept car to be unvelied in Hanover by september end. The car is based on it's viano van.

At the paris motor show merc came out with a sports tourer concept car in 2 versions - Grand sports tourer and compact sports tourer. merc claims these cars combine the advantages of a sporty saloon+estate+van+suv!
the highlight is the high torque Crdi engines to power these cars. for example one engine has max. torque of 510Nm@1800rpm! Both the cars come with a new high gloss paint thats extremely shiny with high luminiance finish and it surrounds the vehicle like a metal skin. The company wants to develop this paint into series production. Soon ur C class may sport this paint!
check out pics:

Old 11th September 2004, 18:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amit @ Sep. 11 2004,15:46)]Both the cars come with a new high gloss paint thats extremely shiny with high luminiance finish and it surrounds the vehicle like a metal skin. The company wants to develop this paint into series production. Soon ur C class may sport this paint!
More in line with Maybach and CBU S-Class's new technology known as ceramic coated paint. Scratch resistant, more shine and better paint protection.
Old 11th September 2004, 19:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

The concepts looks really good. The ceramic coated paint technology sounds awesome!
Old 11th September 2004, 23:01   #4
BHPian

i know the top might be a concept and will remain one..cuz it fugly...

but the other 2 are not concepts..the bigger i think is the R and the smaller seems like the B..both 05 upcoming models if i am not mistaken..

and yeah R and B look good..I mean B is sort of smallish and I dont like too many small mercedes but the R is kick @$$..

Most Viewed