Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

stripped hondas in Dubai?

Honda Jazz and City are having just ONE hand grip inside their cars, here are few photos of those!

the only hand grip is provided only for the passenger in the front!
Attached Thumbnails
stripped hondas in Dubai?-city-int2.jpg  

stripped hondas in Dubai?-jazz-int3.jpg  

stripped hondas in Dubai?-jazz-int2.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2009, 01:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

ya, so what's the point?? the door handles do the job.
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

i meant that honda should either give all four or none! why just give it for the front passenger ONLY?

civic and accord has all four grips!

may be to keep the COST of the jazz and city lower then the competition!
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

The car in the second and third image are okay since they don't have that little depression for the handle. As for the first car, its so obvious they were supposed to be there and later removed. That would annoy me as a buyer.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

No one travels in the passenger seats of any car in Dubai. Everything from a Tata Nano to the Escalade is single passenger there. Who needs handles in such a case?
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:51   #6
BANNED

I've seen this for the first time.
Generally, Its noticed that there are 3 handles and they are for passangers only, Not for driver but this is the unique case where theres a handle only for driver not for passangers!
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys the reason these cars don't feature a grab handle on the dirvers side is that the driver is supposed to keep both his hands on teh steering whell at all times and not use one to hang on to these grab handles.

Now its there for the passengers to keep themselves steady in their seats as tehy don't have a steering wheel to grab onto.

Also some cars don't have these for teh rear passengers as the seats are sufficiently inclined that it hanging on to these grab handles would meen youer behind would have to be in the air.

Last edited by wasif : 2nd July 2009 at 10:51.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:44   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Guys the reason these cars don't feature a grab handle on the dirvers side is that the driver is supposed to keep both his hands on teh steering whell at all times and not use one to hang on to these grab handles.

Now its there for the passengers to keep themselves steady in their seats as tehy don't have a steering wheel to grab onto.

Also some cars don't have these for teh rear passengers as the seats are sufficiently inclined that it hanging on to these grab handles would meen youer behind would have to be in the air.
I really doubt your argument.
Honda offers the grab handles on its other cars but not on the City and the Jazz ?
There are other countries that have rules pertaining to the driver keeping both his hands on the wheel at a specific angle (the 10-10 rule). That doesnt mean you remove the grabs off altogether.
And whats with the passengers behind in the air argument. Those grabs are a convienience. It doesnt mean just beacause you have them there, people gonna cling to them at all times.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
I really doubt your argument.
Honda offers the grab handles on its other cars but not on the City and the Jazz ?
There are other countries that have rules pertaining to the driver keeping both his hands on the wheel at a specific angle (the 10-10 rule). That doesnt mean you remove the grabs off altogether.
And whats with the passengers behind in the air argument. Those grabs are a convienience. It doesnt mean just beacause you have them there, people gonna cling to them at all times.
i used to work for Toyota in the US and this is the reason even Toyota doesn't have four grab handles on their cars. now on the SUV range they are required to mount and dismount so they are there.

Also if you notice cars from Europe will feature four grab handles even though the driver mignt not use it that often. This is because they want a uniform look

If the car has a deep rear seat then it will not feature these grab handles cause it would be impracticle to use hence not supplied. Why would a manifacturer provide something that will not be used.
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
i used to work for Toyota in the US and this is the reason even Toyota doesn't have four grab handles on their cars. now on the SUV range they are required to mount and dismount so they are there.

Also if you notice cars from Europe will feature four grab handles even though the driver mignt not use it that often. This is because they want a uniform look

If the car has a deep rear seat then it will not feature these grab handles cause it would be impracticle to use hence not supplied. Why would a manifacturer provide something that will not be used.
well my friend now you are not in US of A, but in UAE!

i cant reason with your argument about the handle grips! how come honda gives 4 handles above all four doors in civic and accord? come on dude be reasonable....!!

i will try to take photos of toyota yaris, corolla and camry and see what does toyota provides in these cars!
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
well my friend now you are not in US of A, but in UAE!

i cant reason with your argument about the handle grips! how come honda gives 4 handles above all four doors in civic and accord? come on dude be reasonable....!!

i will try to take photos of toyota yaris, corolla and camry and see what does toyota provides in these cars!
Go for it my man.

The reasons given by me are what I am aware of. Why would I waste my time and energy spreading fallacies.
Old 5th July 2009, 22:12   #12
BHPian

if my memory is right it is left hand side driving in the middle east!!that means the front handle bar is for the co passenger and not driver!!
and i suppose the handle bars is provided in the accessories list which can/will be fitted in the cars during delivery!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks