Team-BHP - Coming soon: 2010 toyota land cruiser prado
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Coming soon: 2010 toyota land cruiser prado (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/61067-coming-soon-2010-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-3.html)

Pardon me, but I've always felt the Prado is a design disaster. Its a mishmash of Korean, Japanese and American elements, with no particular element taking precedence. In fact, its those vast chrome garnishings that mask its inherently ugly lines.

Dont believe me? Try picturing the grille, ORVMS and chrome strips in body colour and look at the resultant monster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 1465752)
Interiors seem vastly improved!! I like..

Good good. So when are you buying one?:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishk123 (Post 1465798)
The Prado is the cheaper version and does not come with as many features and bells and whistles.

you forgot "shorter".

Ya its 54L on road. Company mileage is around 5kmpl. Its a guzzler.
Wonder why they don't introduce the diesel version?

that thing is ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS!! be smart, buy a montero like i did. clap:

if nothing else, its MUCH more pleasing to the eye.

Toyota are nice and not reliable. However the drviving experience is not that great.

The front looks really ugly imho. The grille in no way helping the looks

The car looks nice with a lot of stuff with it.Looks very sofesticated but i personally don't like such huge cars.Its not because they don't look good.

I vote for ugly. Don't like the new LC either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1467940)
I vote for ugly. Don't like the new LC either.

mixed reaction this car gets eh. IMHO this is not the real deal at all. shortchanged in all but the price. AFAIK, it ain't good at off roading too. I could be wrong coz I've not driven one. Like mentioned earlier, the montero could be a better option in that price band.

Off-road capabilities of the Prado is inferior to none. It matches the Montero. I've driven both. But the Montero has better interior space, again that's subjective.

The new Prado looks stunning, IMHO. What a perfect mate it would make in the garage for that new W212 E class!

Presenting the all new land cruiser prado (prado name will not be used in European versions pictured here but the shape will be the same).

It really looks big,chunky and muscular in black!
Really good interiors!

well i love the looks.
very much like the old prado the looks has to grow on you.

Big and mean.
The interiors are classy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1482841)
Big and mean.
The interiors are classy.

Big, yes.
Mean , Yes
ugly, definitely yes.
but, the interiors score hugely. Awesome design.
the tail lamps make it look like a chinese copycat SUV.

What will be the approximate price of this beast?