Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 14:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wacky name that!! 'Dadi' shuttle..I would never even dream of shuttling my dadi in this!!
Old 19th May 2009, 14:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here's another one named CEO.LC and X5 all rolled into one piece of crap!
Chinese SUV's-0013il.jpg

Chinese SUV's-0022ud.jpg
Old 19th May 2009, 14:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
I should have quoted these earlier

Jalopnik - 2.) Dongfeng Crazy Soldier - Dongfeng Crazy Soldier

Dongfeng Crazy Soldier |DongFeng ChengLi Special Automobile

And before you say its licenced, its not! if it was, it would be an exact copy not a close one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
could it be a Hummer made in JV with some local Chinese car manufacturer?

Edit-I was wrong.This one's a DongFeng Hummer clone.Here take a peek!
Jalopnik - Chinese Hummer Satellite Truck: State Media's Beaming Face - Dongfeng Brave Soldier
Hate to say I told you so!
And its called the "crazy soldier" funny name right?
Not when you realise its so crazy it wont stop killing 50 years after the bloody war is over!

On a serious note, why cant we just rip off some better 4x4 and give it to our defence folks?
Old 19th May 2009, 14:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

All the models are copied from one or other best known SUVs in the world. Nothing original comes from China.
Old 19th May 2009, 15:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
All the models are copied from one or other best known SUVs in the world. Nothing original comes from China.

Hey no offense but 'Nakal ke liye bhi Akal chahiye'. I mean lets give a break to these chinese 'cloners' for their craftsmenship. The clones dont look so bad and the last one -CEO looks quite good. Has clean lines and a simple looking front and back unlike the new Honda CRV which IMO has bisexual image. And we can rant about these clones how much as we like but at the end of the day we still have cars like Dezire( no offense to the owners please) occupying our roads,so lets not talk about good car designs. They copy what they like and get the prices of their likings down to a level which their people can afford. Now is that not what we guys do with a lot of things too like clothes for eg. We copy brands and make duplicate Reebok's and Nike's and Puma's and what not. We even have our 'jumbo king' on the likes of McD's. I can go on but the fact of the matter is that it's not a crime to copy but it is an art which you should learn to be competetive in todays scenario. They attract many companies for setting up their manufacturing facilities in their country because of this art.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey no offense but 'Nakal ke liye bhi Akal chahiye'. I mean lets give a break to these chinese 'cloners' for their craftsmenship. The clones dont look so bad and the last one -CEO looks quite good. Has clean lines and a simple looking front and back unlike the new Honda CRV which IMO has bisexual image. And we can rant about these clones how much as we like but at the end of the day we still have cars like Dezire( no offense to the owners please) occupying our roads,so lets not talk about good car designs. They copy what they like and get the prices of their likings down to a level which their people can afford. Now is that not what we guys do with a lot of things too like clothes for eg. We copy brands and make duplicate Reebok's and Nike's and Puma's and what not. We even have our 'jumbo king' on the likes of McD's. I can go on but the fact of the matter is that it's not a crime to copy but it is an art which you should learn to be competetive in todays scenario. They attract many companies for setting up their manufacturing facilities in their country because of this art.
Whatever! But I'd rather be seen driving my dad's old 800 rather than a CEO or whatever its called.Its all about taste and image man.Originality does matter.And I'm afraid to say(going by the amounts these clones are flooding the market worldwide) the Chinese don't have any.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:24   #37
BHPian

Chinese are the masters of copying.

The copied all famous SUVs.

I remember few days back in news paper (TOI) that, even they have copied a Rolls Royce Phantom. And RR has sued the company.
Old 19th May 2009, 20:00   #38
Team-BHP Support

Believe me these rip off SUV's look pretty ropey after a couple of years. The chinese prefer to pa more for the real thing at least in Shanghai and Dalian. These are probably being sold in the remote provinces where people do not know too much
Old 19th May 2009, 21:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

best of chinese R & D (research & duplicate)!
Old 20th May 2009, 18:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
best of chinese R & D (research & duplicate)!
Parm,

You got good sense of humor.

Chinese Telecom giant even copied even routers of Cisco.

If they copy and sell the products to their own people is well and good. But they sell them all across the world and try to kill original brands. That's pain.
Old 2nd August 2014, 20:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chinese SUV's

Folks! Can you all believe this?

Chinese SUV's-10492128_10152301765501234_6524789512596969017_n.jpg

Chinese SUV's-10590516_10152301765256234_4886506730640574810_n.jpg

Chinese SUV's-10456231_10152301765481234_3752602751042337029_n.jpg

It's the clone of the Range Rover Evoque being produced in China.

Quote:
China-based Landwind Motors have started production of their new SUV called the Landwind X7. And as these images show, the company has used the Range Rover Evoque for a more than a subtle design inspiration. The X7 gets Evoque-like headlights, bumpers, roofline, doors, grille..and we can go on until tomorrow with the list.
Credit: https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutos...52301766516234

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 20:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! Can you all believe this?
It's the clone of the Range Rover Evoque being produced in China.
Thanks
In the third pic, those Land wing X7s in nail polish colors look like the feminine species of the Evoque (from China ofcourse!).
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 20:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
In the third pic, those Land wing X7s in nail polish colors look like the feminine species of the Evoque (from China ofcourse!).
Yaar, Is China aware that there is a patent protocol to be followed? It will be interesting to know that what role has been played by Land Rover in this. I mean are the Chinese brands so short of imagination and skills? To me it is an utter dis-respect to a reputed brand.

Till now, I doubted the consumer items from China, now with clone even cars are being duplicated. Really very sad!

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 2nd August 2014 at 20:53.
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:17   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Yaar, Is China aware that there is a patent protocol to be followed? It will be interesting to know that what role has been played by Land Rover in this. I mean are the Chinese brands so short of imagination and skills? To me it is an utter dis-respect to a reputed brand.

Till now, I doubted the consumer items from China, now with clone even cars are being duplicated. Really very sad!

Thanks
This is not the first time they have copied cars. Moreover, many manufacturers tried to sue them but failed.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:48   #45
BHPian

The odds of a foreigner winning a case against a Chinese company in a Chinese court is pretty low I guess. Ergo!
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed