Old 31st July 2009, 14:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-unveiled.html
Old 31st July 2009, 14:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

SX4 mates the Ritz/Splash
Old 31st July 2009, 14:51   #49

Grill, grill, grill!!!

The car looks good, both interior and exterior. It all depends on the price now.

But I have one question to those who say that the grill resembles Swift/Ritz or whatever.

If BMW, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo can use more or less same grills through out their range of cars, why do you think its wrong on Suzuki's part?
Old 31st July 2009, 15:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

looks like the steering is borrowed from grand vitara. front end is a fusion between sx4/ ritz/ swift. Cant suzuki get ideas from someother designer?.

And what is that double exhaust doing there? is one side a fake exhaust just like the ones in modded swift?
Old 31st July 2009, 15:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

Why can't an I4 engine have double exhausts?

The plastics look tacky though.

Every company needs a design identity. Every car from their stable will have a certain look to them. Acuras are angular and edgy and have a power plenum grill. BMW has the kidney grill. It's a look and the Kizashi has the Suzuki look. You can't fault them for being consistent. Now, Hyundai on the other hand...

I like it. It is a mature car with a solid design. All it remains to be seen is if Suzuki will ever launch it here.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
1) Expect a price of around 18L for this car. In that price range most care for image and being a Maruti doesn't help.
Maybe if they replace sx4 with this and price it accordingly it will be more popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

2) Every company needs a design identity. Every car from their stable will have a certain look to them. Acuras are angular and edgy and have a power plenum grill. BMW has the kidney grill. It's a look and the Kizashi has the Suzuki look. You can't fault them for being consistent. Now, Hyundai on the other hand...

I like it. It is a mature car with a solid design. All it remains to be seen is if Suzuki will ever launch it here.
1) 18L and this car is a failure. The car is more in the lane of Civic. Yes it bigger than Civic and smaller than Accord. Similarly, smaller than Camry but larger than Altis. It would make perfect sense if the car is brought with a price tag around Rs. 16 lakh OTR. A tough target, but atleast there are more chances of success.
18L and the massive present gen accord will just eat it alive.

2) Agree with you and the car indeed looks good IMHO. I think Suzuki will launch it in India. India is Suzuki's biggest market outside Japan. Last I read somewhere that Suzuki is selling more cars in India than in Japan.
The only mistake maruti must not commit is importing this car like GV. Main reason is cost, importing this car will increase the cost ( correct me if I am wrong ).
Old 31st July 2009, 16:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

If it could look as good as Kizashi 3 concept, it could have been a great car. GM derived V6 is supposed to be on the cards too.
Confusing on what its aiming at, Civic or Accord territory?
Old 31st July 2009, 19:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
If it could look as good as Kizashi 3 concept, it could have been a great car. GM derived V6 is supposed to be on the cards too.
Confusing on what its aiming at, Civic or Accord territory?
Most probably between the Civic and the Accord.Sonata Transform territory..expect a 14L+ tag on this one(if Maruti assembles it here and is aggressive with its pricing).

As someone on Autoblog commented,it looks like a "melted Jetta!"
But it looks a Suzuki,having taken cues from Swift and the Vitara.But the interior is too VW and plasticky.Expext a biege one here.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:29   #55
BHPian

Interior looks impressive for Suzuki's standard

Will it have estate/station wagon version as well or just saloon only?
Old 31st July 2009, 22:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

The tacho/speedo console looks just like the one in the new Lancer. The 6-speed option sure would be fun!
Old 31st July 2009, 23:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) 18L and this car is a failure. The car is more in the lane of Civic. Yes it bigger than Civic and smaller than Accord. Similarly, smaller than Camry but larger than Altis. It would make perfect sense if the car is brought with a price tag around Rs. 16 lakh OTR. A tough target, but atleast there are more chances of success.
18L and the massive present gen accord will just eat it alive.
True, but pricing it against the civic, corolla etc wouldn't make sense - insn't that what the sx4 is for?
IMO sx4 was launched to undercut civic, and the new one will be launched to undercut accord, camry and possibly the superb.

If priced at 16 OTR, this car maybe a strong contender. Let's see if it even comes to india in the first place
Old 1st August 2009, 03:24   #58
BHPian

SX-4 finally evolved from an ugly duckling to a screamer gangsta ride. Hail Suzuki.
Old 1st August 2009, 04:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
True, but pricing it against the civic, corolla etc wouldn't make sense - insn't that what the sx4 is for?
IMO sx4 was launched to undercut civic, and the new one will be launched to undercut accord, camry and possibly the superb.

If priced at 16 OTR, this car maybe a strong contender. Let's see if it even comes to india in the first place
isn't sx4 suppose to rival a city in India? why is it suppose to undercut civic? am i missing something here?

i hope suzuki slots it between a civic and accord. even then, chances of it success are a bit less considering the snob value honda, skoda, toyota enjoys in that price segment. but you never know with customers here.
Old 1st August 2009, 05:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

How come no ones talking about the prospect of a winning engine, a diesel?
Get something from GM put it in. I think people would still find it difficult to buy a Suzuki against a Accord even inspite of the price difference.

What Maruti needs is to get some diesels from GM and put it onto SX4 and this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks