Team-BHP - Unreliable luxury cars!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Unreliable luxury cars! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/6463-unreliable-luxury-cars.html)

What can i say....... Almost everything from the mercs to the bmws to cayenne make the list!

Forbes Link

Welcome to the world of the modern Mercedes!

Man, I'm beginning to hate them...

How about the S Class?
BMW unreliable too?

Lemme put the list here

BMW 5 series
BMW 7 series
Jaguar S type
Jaguar X type
Land Rover Freelander
Lincoln Navigator
MB CLK
MB E Class
MB S Class
MB SL Class
Porsche Cayenne
Saab 9-3
VW Touareg
Volvo XC 90

How did they prove unreliable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohit
Lemme put the list here
BMW 5 series
BMW 7 series
Jaguar S type
Jaguar X type
Land Rover Freelander
Lincoln Navigator
MB CLK
MB E Class
MB S Class
MB SL Class
Porsche Cayenne
Saab 9-3
VW Touareg
Volvo XC 90

Add the Mercedes Benz M Class at the top of that list!

Two cars that I'm surprised to see on this list are the new BMW 5 Series and the Saab 9-3. The rest were somewhat expected. I expected to see the pre 2003 Jaguar XJ series in this list too. They had suspension problems after a certain number of miles were clocked.
All this proves one thing. If you're looking at reliability, go Japanese! I hate to say this, but Lexus and Infiniti are winning.

Quote:

I hate to say this, but Lexus and Infiniti are winning.
Why would you hate to say that Lexus is winning???
I mean Lexus is almost like a more "luxurious" Toyota, and Toyota is I guess the top company in the world, right?? Moreover, Toyota is known for its reliability.

I know that Gordon. Toyota easily makes the most reliable cars in the world. Infact, if I were to blindly trust any company, it would be Toyota. It dosen't mean that I love them.

Hmmm, you're right. Don't think there are a lot of Toyota/Lexus lovers except a few including me.

See the report below:

Lexus has once again topped the J.D. Power and Associates UK Customer Satisfaction Study, claiming the 2005 Gold Award for an extraordinary fifth successive year. The luxury car brand scored a total of 848 points out of 1000 in the ownership satisfaction survey, well above the industry average of 786 points....More.

Lexus(toyota) acura(HOnda) scion(toyota again) infiniti and nissan are what are leading in quality right now.

Just have a look at the infiniti fx45. A hatch,sportscar,suv and estate in one. I love it.

Mercedes says it's taken steps to address the reliablity issue so I am really curious to know how their MY 2006 cars are faring, specially the new M class. Most of the cars featured here are MY 2004 so lets hope these biggies have addressed the issues in their latest models.
The main reason most of these luxo cars are having problems specially MB is cuz they rushed in with their complex electrical systems without testing them adequately in real world conditions. To a certain extent, there is pressue on prestigious car makers like MB to be first with latest technologies. Comparatively, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti's are not expected to be pioneers in latest automotive tech. so in a way these companies gain from the mistakes that MB, BMW's make!

As an avid Lexus Fan and owner of my second Lexus, I'm not at all surprised to see Lexus topping the list :D

I remember this list from a couple of months ago.

The reliability of the cars was calculated by the number of "Repair incidents" per 100 cars sold.
And the reason that Merc officials gave was basically - Mercedes owners are very picky about their rides and thus come back to the dealerships for every little thing, hence the high "repair incidents".

I found that to be a real Lame-azz excuse. Because if these guys were really picky, they'd be driving a Lexus :D

i guess you are right nothing beats a lexus & it is the only brand in the world which is not used as a public transport.

I dont intend to dissapoint you but there are quite a couple of luxus cabs here in Canada among the lincolns and fords. Surprisingly the sonata v6 is also used as a cab here.

Lexus and Scion from Toyota , Acura from Honda and Infiniti from Nissan are meant to show the Europeans how good cars The Japs can manufacture(Japanese are usually known for their engines while Europeans are good for their build quality and Americans are famous for their errrs in everything and small car company acquisitions)