Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 16:41   #16
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Had seen a snap of a version with a bigger grill upfront in the Aveo in a magazine last year. This one seems to be more like a mix of the current Aveo with the NHC look. Why wait till 2011 to release this, the current aveo is already as good as dead.
ACM, the above shown face lifted Aveo has been out. I have seen it here on the streets of China. So i guess it wont be long till it hits the streets of India.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:51   #17
BHPian

But I prefer the current Aveo face! This one doesn't look good anymore!

Last edited by asethi : 9th September 2009 at 16:53.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:57   #18
BHPian

tThe headlamps in the spy pic resembles corolla altis . Looks a very proportionate car. neat lines & contemporary . IMO it should impress indian customers
Old 8th September 2010, 20:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

After confirming the premiere of Chevrolet Cuze Hatchback and Orlando MPV at the upcoming Paris Auto Show; Chevrolet has confirmed today, the debut of its new 2011 Chevrolet Aveo and has also released first pics and details. Chevrolet had first displayed the new Aveo show car at the Detroit and Geneva motor shows earlier in 2010 and the one to be showcased in Paris is said to be the final production- ready model.

Visual highlights of the new Aveo includes the aggressive looking front with its exposed twin- headlamps and dual port grille, compact taut body panels with a rising shoulder line and short rear overhangs and ‘hidden’ rear door handles. The new Aveo also features ESC and ABS brakes as standard and the new model is also longer and wider than the current model. Inside the new Aveo, the most striking feature is the motorcycle- inspired instrument cluster which houses an analogue tachometer combined with a digital speedo and warning lights. Up- market blue backlight features on the centre console while the front cabin is enveloped in wrap- round fascia. There is also plenty of storage space in the centre stack and features an audio system with USB, aux- in and Bluetooth functionality.

A comprehensive range of four cylinder petrol and diesel engines will be housed in the new Aveo Rs. The petrol range includes a 1.2 litre (at 86 hp) version and 1.4 litre (at 100 hp) unit. And for the first time, Aveo will be offered with two versions of a 1.3 litre diesel engine (at 75 hp and at 95 hp) featuring Start/Stop technology. Manual transmission of 5 or 6 speed will be available based on engine choice and Chevrolet’s first 6- speed automatic transmission on a small car will feature on the Aveo 1.4 as an option in most markets.
The 2011 Chevrolet Aveo will hit the Europeam market in May 2011 and thereafter in the Indian market. No information on pricing has been revealed yet.

source : Motoroids - Cars, motorcyles, bikes, Auto news India, review, road test, news, first drive, first ride, motorsport, motor shows, car buy / sell, car prices, specifications
Attached Thumbnails
First spy shot: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo-chevroletaveo11.jpg  

First spy shot: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo-chevroletaveo2.jpg  

Old 8th September 2010, 21:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

A lot safer design than the Beat. GM should quickly get it here in India with a nice small diesel and there is no way people wont buy this nice looking car especially if GM couples it with its 3 year all maintenance package. I will change my Spark for this immediately.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2010 at 10:56.
foby.sebastian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th September 2010, 22:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think the spy pic posted by Sid in the 1st post is of Chevrolet Sail (which is headed to India as per ACI). I know Sid had posted it a year back, but still i just realised it was the Chevy Sail.

Pic source : Motor Beam

Last edited by karanraheja : 8th September 2010 at 22:05.
Old 24th November 2011, 12:14   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First spy shot: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo

Chevrolet Aveo U-VA phase-out is near?

"Chevrolet has commenced testing its Sail hatchback in India. The Sail hatchback will likely replace the present Chevrolet Aveo U-VA small car which is selling in very low numbers. The Sail small car has been an anticipated product from GM India for a while and the test mules hint that the launch is nearing.
The Sail is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol motor that powers the Chevrolet Beat. This 4-pot engine develops 79.5 bhp and 108 Nm of torque and mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The diesel version of the Sail may get the 1.3-litre Multijet engine from Fiat alike the Maruti Swift and the Tata Vista. The Sail diesel will likely be the volume driver for Chevrolet in its segment."

Cheers!

Chevrolet Sail expected launch, photos and details | DWS Auto India
Attached Thumbnails
First spy shot: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo-chevroletsailphoto2.jpg  

Old 24th November 2011, 12:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

The rear end is bland, also reminds me of the Fusion. Also, what are those old school handles doing on a "come back" car? It looks quite spacious from inside!
Old 24th November 2011, 14:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Frankly this made for India and China model doesnt have the oomph factor and i dont see it doing any better than the Aveo !! They need a game changer like the Cruze was for them in the 15 Lakh bracket. The next gen Aveo and Aveo Sedans could have been the answer Chevy was looking for. The Sail Twins are just too bland !!

The car to watch out for in my opinion is the VW Up. It will be a real volume seller for VW.
Old 24th November 2011, 14:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

The Orange Aveo looks Alto K10ish from the front. Even the color matches with that of the K10. It appears too bland and am sure Chevy will increase prices with this facelift / new model. Hope it is displayed at the Auto Expo 2012
Old 10th December 2011, 09:31   #27
BHPian

Hey got info from one friend, on 12th DEC a launch is scheduled not sure will it be aveo or tavera, but aveo will be around 6lk for diesel hatchback for sure.
Old 11th December 2011, 21:17   #28
BHPian

Are you sure about the launch date? There is no news, no mention of the launch tomorrow anywhere yet! Even the Chevrolet India website is as bland as ever. I would have expected some hype at least. Launching LIVE on social networking sites is apparently very trendy nowadays and easily reaches millions!
Old 11th December 2011, 22:21   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Hey got info from one friend, on 12th DEC a launch is scheduled not sure will it be aveo or tavera, but aveo will be around 6lk for diesel hatchback for sure.
Could be for the Tavera Neo3, which was spotted few days back.

With the auto expo around the corner, i dont think Chevy will opt for a silent launch of its high volume (hopefully) small car!

Also, do they have capacity to create the 1.3L multijet engine (unlike the 3 cylinder version), or do they also need to approach FIAT for the engine?
Old 13th December 2011, 17:30   #30
BHPian

I think that the new Aveo will be Chevy's Sonic launched in international markets.
Looks may not suit everyone's taste but I'm sure that the youth will like it.
I really hope that GM brings this in diesel as well and capitalise on the network and sales points. Unlike the current Aveo which a fundamentally a good car.
It's a good car with a lot of potential and ability to sell well.
My advise, please introduce it with a new name since it attracts more attention from the audiences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks