Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 00:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Citroen 2CV is back!

Citroen 2CV revealed | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
The 2CV is back and here are the best pictures yet! Images of Citroen's new concept car, called the Revolte, have been leaked onto the internet ahead of its worldwide debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Official information on the newcomer is thin on the ground at the moment, but it's thought that the Revolte previews a forthcoming premium small car from Citroen aimed at the likes of the Fiat 500 and the MINI.

The curvy shape takes much inspiration from the original 2CV – just check out the C-shaped that wraps around the rear doors and the distinctive tailgate, details which echoes those of the famous model. However, the front grille, lights and bold wheel-at-each-corner stance are very modern cues that seek to bring the 2CV into the new millennium.

The doors open in a suicide manner and reveal a futuristic interior with a digital dashboard display and a bizarre steering wheel. Under the skin, it is expected that the Revolte will share its platform with the new DS3 premium small car – and feature a hybrid powertrain too.

We'll learn more about the new model when it's revealed at Frankfurt next week.
The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329437_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329452_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329440_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329446_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329434_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329443_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329449_25.jpg

The Citroen 2CV is back!-car_photo_329431_25.jpg
Old 12th September 2009, 00:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

What alloys! What seat! What steering! What a car!!
Old 12th September 2009, 01:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow, a very interesting and nice looking take on the "deux chevaux" (2CV). But sadly, as with most retro cars today, very little of the spirit of the original 2CV seems to have been imbibed in this car.
Let's wait for more pics / info .
Old 12th September 2009, 12:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh god! Why did they have to do this? Its like twisting the Incredible Hulk a coke bottle figure and then calling him a Marilyn Monroe replica - just because the basic shapes match! Yuck!

I dont think its anything more than a design exercise. Total Waste of time, and an insult to a classic.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

I looked at it. Then I looked at it again. I thought about it and decided to have another dekko. I then decided - I do not like it.

I agree with both SuperSelect and Predatorwheelz. I did like the classic 2 CV and this offering is nowhere close to it.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2009, 09:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I looked at it. Then I looked at it again. I thought about it and decided to have another dekko. I then decided - I do not like it.

I agree with both SuperSelect and Predatorwheelz. I did like the classic 2 CV and this offering is nowhere close to it.

Cheers
AFAIk, there was a car made in late 90's or early 2000 which was to be the 2CV resuscitation. that version (i'm still trying to hunt images.will psot it soon) carried more 2CV genes than this new version.
This vesion seems to be more ofthe quirky citroen design with the 2CV badging.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:52   #7
BHPian

The design is too loud for my taste. But this looks like a concept rendering or model, I guess it will be quite different when it comes to the production line.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

The customary half covering for the rear wheels in missing.I guess its the new generation Citroen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks