Team-BHP - Kia Sport Concept car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Kia Sport Concept car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/667-kia-sport-concept-car.html)

Kia will unveil the Sport Concept at the paris motor show. Touted as Kia's small car design philosphy the sport concept is based on Kia's B segment car code named JB to be luanched in spring next year.
2.0L turbo petrol with 200hp 5 speed manual 18inch five spoke alloys! striking roof top aerodynamic wing, sweeping tail lamp clusters, twin exhausts. Whats up with this twin exhausts in Europe? is it gonna be the new trend? the Matiz, Opel astra HPC and now Kia sport?
Depending on public reaction kia says the car will be into production by 2006.
This may be a far fetched guess but can this be the 2007 Getz for India? minus the powerfull engine of course.
Check out pics.

thats a very powerful ride man !
and a sexy luking car but sadly u cannot have those one on the indian roads .

for one..kia can not make anything reliable...and kia..its not even considered a car here..people do buy them cuz they are restricted by finance..but if any other competition is available..they wouldnt go for it..no matter how powerful it says it is..I am telling u..this machine..will have nothing..it looks flashy cuz they have again gone ahead and pulled the copy cat thing(since its owned by hyundai)..

I (and tons and tons of ppl) never consider kia anything more than an equivalent of maruti in the US..

Kia is today what people used to think of Hyundai back in the 80's. And Hyundai has beat the germans in reliability now. Good engines are not going to be a Japanese forte for long. Hyundai is single handedly leading the Korean brigade and trust me, they are minimising the gap like crazy. In diesel engines, they are already ahead (thanks to detroit diesel)

Buttttttttttttttt I love this machine. On first shot, I actually thought its a Mazda or a Toyota. Such impeccably clean lines. And a funky interior!!

GTO

Nice design concept ... but at the end of it the bottom line still remains its a KIA !!

exactly..its still a kia..even though hyundai has made great strides in quality..its still considered a low life here in the US..an econo car just like maruti..and nothing more..

no doubt this car has great design, but most of it I can see has been flicked from here and there..also its a doubt that they will be able to produce this same car that we see in the pic..a lot of quality materials will be forgiven to make it an econo car..too bad i guess..

but yes i do like the car..

good looking. dunno y but it does remind me of suzuki swift on steroids eh

Hyundai and Kia are actually on a roll!

In a recent issue of the Business Week, Hyundai has stated that the new Sonata is actually the shape of things to come. Their oriental design bent seems to have not clicked with customers in the US and Europe. And the Sonata is literally gunning for the Accord. Their design philosophy now is to adopt more of a European look.

Also Kia is looking to develop platforms that are individual from Hyundai's. Don't take these Koreans lightly guys, they really seem to have turned a corner. The japs have been warned!

Revv

These people just copy or what?

Kia Forte Type R Coupe! Kia's smallest car. This so much resembles the Honda City (looks great though).

The front end of the concept looked like a mix of Swift and Fabia . A good front end though and will look good on the roads even if its launched today .

This is more or less a beefed up version of Kia RIO . Someone said it is a mix of fabia and some other car . Well KIA and for that matter Hyundai too tend to pick cues from other cars . Remember the Sonata that they tried to model after the Jaguar and the front like the Merc . KIA does the same , they always try to pick the best looks and try to in corporate the loks in their cars . Performance wise I wouldnt say they are a enthusiasts car , however in the small money you shell out for these babies they do the job . When you buy a Merc or a Jag or a Beamer you do pay a hefty price too and that price is for the QUALITY .
Like the tag line goes "ITNE PAISE MAIN ITNA HEE MILEGA " lol:

I would love to own if Kia Forte Type R Coupe would be made available in India.Copy or not I love the looks and the interiors look fabulous to me.:thumbs up

The coupe looks fancy in the pics cuz its a custom one off , I woned a KIA Cerato for a brief period of time when I was in Dubai and the car I must say seemed pretty reliable . I've clocked a 170+ with this , it does take its own sweet time to get to that mark but it does . The interiors though are sub standard , like i said "Ite paise main itna hee milega".

My sister was interested in buying the Hyundai TIburon better know as teh coupe . The high end model , for the price it was offered had really sad interiors . So unless someone wishes to spend big bucks on re doing the interiors , I dont think you'll get these interiors on a stock car , even if its a coupe .