Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2005, 22:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin Lagonda Vignale

Frankly never knew about this car till today. Supposed to be a concept back in 1993. Reminds me of the Maybach from its overall aura.

"Following an interval of almost 40 years, Aston Martin Lagonda has renewed its relationship with Ghia Design of Turin and commissioned a design study for a concept vehicle to investigate and research the materials and techniques which would justify the continued production of the hand-made luxury saloon car beyond the year 2000...
Drawing on the worldwide resources of the Ford Motor Co, Aston Martin engineers have identified an advanced concept for a V12 engine which could be developed for the Lagonda Vignale".

Source: www.team.net
Old 20th July 2005, 22:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Aston Martin Lagonda was launched sometime in 1984 if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to pull out pics and write up from old DUNLOP corporate booklet which I had designed.
Old 21st July 2005, 00:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nopes. The AM Lagonda was launched in 1976. It was absolutely outrageous, expensive and full of electronics which never worked. I still loved it. It had a 5340cc V8 developing 305bhp and could do 143mph (230km/h). Here's a picture of it.

The Vignale was supposed to be the successor to that one. Somehow, the idea fizzled out and it never became a reality. Anyway, I don't find it attractive and loveable at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks