Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 18:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hein Wagner drives 322.5 km/h in an SL 65 AMG - He was born blind!

Something inspiring!

Hein Wagner, from Cape Town, South Africa, in search of an extreme adventure has successfully broken his own world land speed record by driving at 322.5 km/h – in the dark. He was born blind, but that never stopped him from going after things that the rest of us wouldn’t even attempt, which includes completing a cycle race and participating in a yacht race from Cape-to-Rio.

In 2005, Wagner set a top of 269 km/h while driving a Masarati, but this time, he was going to set the bar even higher. For this, he got himself the all new Mercedes-Benz SL 65 Black Series, with a twin-turbo 6.0-liter V12 engine, pumping out 661 HP and 738 lb-ft torque. Mr Wagner was accompanied by his navigator, Ray Wakefield, who helped him sprint down the Upington airport in the Northern Cape and achieve a top speed of 322.5 km/h before coming to a safe stop.

Source:BenzInsider
Attached Thumbnails
Hein Wagner drives 322.5 km/h in an SL 65 AMG - He was born blind!-heinwagner_mercedesbenzsl65amg540x175.jpg  

Old 16th October 2009, 18:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great Job considering he is blind. I am glad he didnt let his disability be of any hindrance to achieve what he wanted to achieve.

Congrats
Old 17th October 2009, 10:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Great Job considering he is blind. I am glad he didnt let his disability be of any hindrance to achieve what he wanted to achieve.

Congrats
Am not trying to bigmouth my way out hear , but isn't his disability a benefit to him in this contest. As he would possibly won't know how it feels driving at that much speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks