Team-BHP - Opel Astra HPC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Opel Astra HPC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/679-opel-astra-hpc.html)

After launching the Grand Turismo Concept, which you can read about here , Opel have launched a variant and named it High Performance Concept - a car that has the go with the show.

2.0L Turbo Petrol 240hp 310Nm torque 0-100 in less than 7 seconds and top speed of 240kmph with 6 speed manual transmission.
Looks wise the car has twin exhaust pipes on left and right, spoiler, 19 inch Alloys! and insides have Recaro seats, leather gearshift, red ringed instruments. Check out pics.

First the normal Grand Turismo Concept.

now the HPC pics.

By the time this car comes here (if at all), it'll be de tuned like mad. Nice design. Not to sure if that chrome strip on the back is adding anything.

We are doomed to have Chevrolets for the rest of our lives ! (Sorry Rudra ! ). Read somewhere that in China that they are going to stop or downgrade the Corsa and bring in the Aveo (Looks abit like a Getz) - could happen out here

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ Sep. 23 2004,09:24)]We are doomed to have Chevrolets for the rest of our lives ! (Sorry Rudra !

Looks like I've done the most horrible thing in my life...getting an Optra

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Looks like I've done the most horrible thing in my life...getting an Optra

come on Rudra, the optra is a bad car. It's pretty good - great looks, decent ride and handling and is fairly powerfull too. As for the opel astra HPC, any of us can guess which of the two - GTC and HPC will sell more even in Europe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amit @ Sep. 23 2004,23:06)]come on Rudra, the optra is a bad car. It's pretty good - great looks, decent ride and handling and is fairly powerfull too.

Hey Amit, I don't get it man. If it's a bad car then how come it has great looks, decent ride and handling and is fairly powerfull engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If it's a bad car then how come it has great looks, decent ride and handling and is fairly powerfull engine?

ooooops!!! SORRY rudra....what i was trying to say was that the Optra is NOT a bad car. sorry for the typo. I personally like the Optra. It's got better ride and handling than the Corolla and in the Overdrive AutoPower 2004 it was voted as the most comfortable car in India! Of course, the interiors shame many D segment cars too. It may not have the zing or zip of corolla but still has decent power delivery. Though i have not driven the optra I am sure it will be more confidence inspiring at 140kmph than a Corolla.

wow..this car is awesome..a must have in india...awesome power and great looks...to bad it would never come to india..but if i had the money for it..surely I would get this instead of a C or something..a nice small car to go anywhere in the city traffic and would be quick on its feet to shock other ppl..cool stuff..

This car look really great.

Looks fantastic.
Hope its launched in India sumtime soon.Thats the only way for Opel to strike back in the market.
X

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Sep. 23 2004,10:44)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ Sep. 23 2004,09:24)]We are doomed to have Chevrolets for the rest of our lives ! (Sorry Rudra !

Not at all,Rudra.Its a really fantastic car and i do love its looks.Probably one of the best looking in the marked presently.
U`ve made the perfect choice.
X

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Sep. 23 2004,10:44)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b

rudra wanna sell?!!!!!?u have a buyer!

why u so upset buddy?, the optra is the most stunning car on this side of the 15 lac range in india! that too u have the best colour!!

you know what would cheer u up?a drive from bangi to hyd for this's years durga puja (think it's on oct 20th?)

aadix

Awesome car that Astra. Looks too good.

BTW, Rudra, why so upset abt the car? Its a gr8 car. Atleast i liked it, so do many of the guys here! Superb colour too. Its a damn good looker!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Sep. 26 2004,19:28)]you know what would cheer u up?a drive from bangi to hyd for this's years durga puja (think it's on oct 20th?)

Sounds great. Let me see how many days I can manage.

And who's upset? Me?