Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 11:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years

In the years that come, Mercedes-Benz will thoroughly update its automobile range with new or facelifted models.

E-class Cabrio:

Beginning with the spring of 2010, Mercedes-Benz will introduce the new E-class Cabrio. Although its main opponent to BMW 3er Cabriolet, uses a hardtop, the engineers have decided to stick to the already famous cloth top, in order to save costs. The sexy design of the open-top model will be derived from that of its Coupe brother, displaying the elegant double headlights, the tail lights with LED technology and the historical Ponton rear wing crease. The engine offer and the safety, assistance and infotainment systems will be borrowed from the other models of the E-Klasse range.

R-class FL & G-class update:

Other models to be launched in 2010 are the R-Class face-lift, in the first part of the year, and another updated version of the legendary Gelandewagen. The G 500 will pe powered by the all new 4,6 litres biturbo V8 unit, delivering 435 BHP, whereas the top-of-the-range, the G 63 AMG, will boast 544 BHP and an estimated price tag of 135,000 euros.

M-Class:

In 2011, Mercedes-Benz will introduce the third generation M-Class. Alongside other big SUVs in the range, the ML will receive a power boost for ML 350 CDI version, which is to reach 252 BHP, and for the ML 450 version, rising up to 408 BHP. Among the major premieres of the new M-Klasse will be a sophisticated 4x4 management system.

For the R/M/GL ranges, Mercedes-Benz prepares the introduction of hybrid powertrains, such R/ML/GL 400 HYBRID-petrol V6 with 326 BHP;ML/GL 500 HYBRID-petrol V8 with 415 BHP and ML/GL 63 HYBRID with a staggering 564 BHP.

SLK-Class:

In December 2010, the 3rd generation of the SLK-Class will celebrate its world premiere. The compact cabrio will lose its F1-inspired nose and will display a more conventional radiator grille, a la SLS AMG. The exterior design will feature the new Mercedes philosophy, with a sportier front fascia and clear lines. The powerplants offered for the SLK R172 will be completely new, amongst which the most delicious-sounding unit will be the one under the bonnet of the future SLK 55 AMG, which is said to be capable of delivering a maximum output 422 BHP.

BLK-Class:

In 2013, the Stuttgart-based carmaker will launch the opponent for the recently-presented BMW X1. Badged BLK-Class, it will use the new FWD platform of the A- & B-Klasse models and an attractive offer of petrol and diesel engines. Of course, the clients will be able to ask for AWD configuration, but the entry-level, the BLK 220 CDI, with a price tag around 34,000 euros, will only be available in FWD mode.

Source: http://mercedes-benz-blog.blogspot.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2010mercedesbenzeklassecabrio_74.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2010mercedesbenzrklasseflartistimpression.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2011mercedesbenzgklasseflartistimpression.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2012mercedesbenzmklasseartistimpression2.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2012mercedesbenzslkklasseartistimpression.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2012mercedesbenzslkklasseartistimpression3.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2012mercedesbenzslkklasseartistimpression5.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2012mercedesbenzslkklasseartistimpression2.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2012mercedesbenzslkklasseartistimpression4.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2013mercedesbenzblkklasseartistimpression.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz new models offensive for the next years-2013mercedesbenzblkklasseartistimpression2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th October 2009, 12:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes Mercedes is on a revamping spree and the designs are too good. Something of the ML is missing and i prefer mine to the new one anyday. The SLK looks a bit more aggressive and i guess the pictures are of an AMG. There is not much change to the normal version.
The E class coupe and the convertible are hot looking machines and in the flesh the coupe looks wonderful. Since the convertible is on the same lines it should look good too. I just hope when they are and if they are brought to India they are not going to cost a bomb. Thank God mercedes decided to stick with the old form for the convertible and not try to make it a hardtop convertible. The class is in the Cloth top and makes the car look very elegant.
The last picture is of the GLK and not BLK. The competitor to the BMW X3, Audi Q5,VW Tiguan and the soon to be released Porsche Roxster.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:27   #3
BHPian

If you can't fight them, join them

Seems to me, Benz is joining the fight to go the 'in your face' route; if you can't fight them join them, that's what it seems to me. No timelessness in the design, just edgy in your face-ness.

I had a look at the comparison between the newly launched E 350 Avantgarde, the 5 series BMW and the A6 - the 5 series looked the most understated ( and hence refined of the lot), a car for chaps not chavs ( which is a big surprise, given its Bangled design roots) .

My personal opinion.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks