Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2004, 03:54   #1
BHPian

Oh my God, the NSX is unbelievable..what a car..perfect handling...

and the M3 CSL is a stunner...

Ferrari guys too bad...u had to come the position u did..

but you just cant miss seeing this race..I totaly loved it...these japanese guys just keep throwing the best videos on earth with the best competitions..

but the best part is that this has commentary in english..

http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv

I am too excited to c this..

How much is the NSX-R man? NSX is like 80-90k USD but R??? how much cuz if it is 200k understandable..but if its in the low 100s man..what a price to performance ratio..just like the GT40..I guess if they had a GT40 in this race it would have become the best race ever...

I am waiting on the japs to come out with

Enzo Vs CGT vs Murcie Vs Saleen S7 Vs Ford GT someday..

WOw!! I enjoyed it, hope u do too..throw in some comments about the race here..

Old 27th September 2004, 16:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well the NSX R is around 82K US greens. Should be a bit less than a Crore in India including duty.

This i gotta watch, NSX R racing the big boyz. I got a vid of a NSX R racing a F50, Murcielago, GT2, and two other Porsches at Sugo, Japan. It would have beaten the Lambo if not for that straight drag to the finish line where the extra power helped the Lambo overtake the NSX-R.

Shan2nu
Old 27th September 2004, 19:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

C4S

This video is the find of the month for me!

While the driver skills of all those drivers may have been different, accounting for the difference in performance from the cars, (I would have thought the 911 Turbo would have been much quicker), it was a real eye opener on the whole.

That the 15 year old NSX can outhandle the newest supercars really says something! I always new the NSX was a great handler, but watching it here was unreal.

The other thing that surprised me was the performance of the Lambo's! I have always thought Lambo's were really poser cars, all flash but not really good on the track. While this was true earlier, the new Lambo's simply RULE! Great looks AND great performance! Did you see that acceleration..! the poor 360 was outa sight!

Rt
Old 27th September 2004, 21:16   #4
BHPian

Hey Shan2nu NSX is 82 and not the R...I thought R was a race going or a special production vehicle like an M or AMG..there is no way the regular NSX hang with these bad boys...like the way it did..no doubt it would hang, but not till the end like it gave the gallardo and murci the run..

Old 27th September 2004, 21:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Sep. 27 2004,06:39)]C4S

This video is the find of the month for me!

While the driver skills of all those drivers may have been different, accounting for the difference in performance from the cars, (I would have thought the 911 Turbo would have been much quicker), it was a real eye opener on the whole.

That the 15 year old NSX can outhandle the newest supercars really says something! I always new the NSX was a great handler, but watching it here was unreal.

The other thing that surprised me was the performance of the Lambo's! I have always thought Lambo's were really poser cars, all flash but not really good on the track. While this was true earlier, the new Lambo's simply RULE! Great looks AND great performance! Did you see that acceleration..! the poor 360 was outa sight!

Rt
Thanks...I loved the video myself...it was really awesome..

and I have always loved Lambos more than Ferraris..somehow the lambo feel was never there in the ferraris for me..I use to even hate prosche for sometime..before I totaly fell in love after few close encounters..but yeah..here lambos ruled..specially the baby lambo..i mean it just hangs with the big brother when it is less than 2/3 the cost..its got great price to performance ratio i think...

i guess the 360 was beaten pretty bad..but lets c what happens when the new turbo and the new 430 come along..now that would be new age war

I agree the driver skills would have mattered here..but these guys are doing this day in day out..so I am sure they would be at +-10% skill level anyways..plus the best/(the most experienced) driver was the NSX-R guy..so you could see what was happening..but overall a great race..

But the R is not the regular version sold in the US/japan..it lighter, makes more power..but I still have to find specs on that...

Anyhow I hope I keep finding some good BEST MOTORING videos to keep us entertained

Old 27th September 2004, 21:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Awesome video.The NSX is really a roar.
And the Lambos were brutal.
Pity the 360m that got stripped badly.

X
Old 28th September 2004, 01:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

The NSX's handling is simply awesome! Too bad it overheated. M3 CSL seems to be a nice VFM proposition. I expected the 911 Turbo to be a lot quicker.
Old 28th September 2004, 12:58   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey C4S,

The NSX-R has no power modds. Its just a lightened, stiffened version of the stock NSX. Basically a stripped out NSX with stiffer springs. This more than anyting really shows what the NSX chassis is capable of...it can keep up with a Lambo even with just 290hp.

Read about it here (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Rt
Old 28th September 2004, 13:08   #9
BHPian

that is shameful for the lambos then..and really shameful for the ferrari and porsche..

hmm..this is really new to me..i knew nsx was a killer but such a killer i had no idea..

Most Viewed