Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 09:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chrysler Reveals New Logo

"Today is the first day of a new Chrysler," said Chrysler and Fiat CEO, Sergio Marchionne. Having unveiled their 5-years product plan today, Chrysler present a new logo to work alongside product refreshes in changing brand associations in the minds of consumers. It streamlines a logo that has been in use since the mid-90s, moving 'Chrysler' lettering from above the wings to at their heart within a new blue block central to the design.

Plagued by sales plunges across its brands, Chrysler Group expects to break even in 2011 following the repayment of some $9 billion in government bailout money and a rise in revenue from $42.5bn in 2010 to $67.5bn in 2014. Hitting these financial targets will require worldwide sales doubling from 1.3 to 2.8 million vehicles.

A brand change is, therefore, all the more important. It reflects an ongoing restructuring that begins with a new 5-year product plan. The health of the firm is already improving ahead of new product development; break even was achieved in September and the last few months have seen more money roll in than out, with Marchionne confident the cash won't deplete as new models are developed off Fiat technology.

In the meantime, a host of 'emergency' facelifts will renew 75% of the line-up by 2010, the remainder being refreshed by 2012. This strategy will align with a range of new platforms from both Chrysler and Fiat arms. The Fiat 500 will enter Chrysler into a new B segment market, while two further platforms set to be inherited from Fiat will allow new C and D segment offerings. New Chrysler platforms will underpin models in SUV, Minivan and CUV segments.

Source: WorldCarFans.com
Attached Thumbnails
Chrysler Reveals New Logo-chrysler-new-logo.jpg  

Old 6th November 2009, 13:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Chrysler present a new logo to work alongside product refreshes in changing brand associations in the minds of consumers.

why is the logo so similar to the aston martin's logo?
Old 7th November 2009, 23:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

As someone had already stated , thats all I could think of . Why a logo too similar to be mistaken for another brand when the market if wanting as much product differentiation as possible. Similarly looking brand logo is the last thing one should try.
Attached Thumbnails
Chrysler Reveals New Logo-chrysleram-comparison-logo.jpg  

Old 9th November 2009, 11:49   #4
BHPian

I seriously doubt that maxbhp: I dont think its going the way you're pointing to, Chrysler and its brands will have no benefit absolutely to go Aston's direction. Detroit can never go the Warwickshire way, as logical as it can get While I cannot explain the similarity in logos here as it has not yet come out in open, if any, it would be an invite for a legal course by AM.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:12   #5
BHPian

It seems that Koreans (Hyundai), Germans (MINI), Brits (Aston) and Yanks have no creativity. Everyone's using the same logo!

Even Bentley uses a similar logo! Sheesh!

Last edited by khan75 : 9th November 2009 at 13:13.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

I admit that the new Chrysler logo bares similarities to that of Aston Martin.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:46   #7
BHPian

Yeah it is similar but since the products are so different I think nobody would care .
Old 9th November 2009, 18:56   #8
BHPian

Somehow, I liked the earlier one much better... Am I the only one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks