Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2004, 05:09   #1
BHPian

B M W *A C S 1

Good Stuff!!

ofcourse you would be paying through your nose, probably as much as the E270 but hell something different, for ppl with money to spare

but it surely does look mean..the only thing I would add is probably roof rails, not the everyday one, like how the FX comes with showy chrome roof rails, they look good, cuz something is missing on its head..

Old 29th September 2004, 10:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I must admit, this particular piece does not look that bad.

GTO
Old 29th September 2004, 12:43   #3
BHPian

i love it..am a big hatch back fan...and now a BMW hatch what more can you want?
Old 29th September 2004, 14:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

I never had an idea of the actual production model but now that I've seen it I quite like it .. nicen n meaty

I wonder how much would be the actual landing price of this machine in India if navnit decides to sell it

Dippy
Old 29th September 2004, 21:42   #5
BHPian

man firstly dont go through navneet ever..if u plan to decide...they will only rip you off..i am telling u, some of us..should milkar start this car import business..and do it fairly..if u do, do it fairly..u will seem to get clients and u know what more..

anyhow..the 116i will start at around 22-22.5 lakhs onwards..with the top of the line fully loaded 120d probably close to around 33-34 lakhs..and thats deisel..with petrol a little less than that..but you can expect to pay 25-27 for a fairly good model..

expensive no doubt..but surely its a looker..and if you add the ACS1 package with looks only probably (you wouldnt have to pay duty on that i am assuming) additional 2.5-3 lakhs

Old 29th September 2004, 21:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

This car looks good and meaty for sure.Did`nt like the rear though.

X
Old 29th September 2004, 22:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ Sep. 29 2004,20:12)]anyhow..the 116i will start at around 22-22.5 lakhs onwards..with the top of the line fully loaded 120d probably close to around 33-34 lakhs..and thats deisel..with petrol a little less than that..but you can expect to pay 25-27 for a fairly good model..

expensive no doubt..but surely its a looker..and if you add the ACS1 package with looks only probably (you wouldnt have to pay duty on that i am assuming) additional 2.5-3 lakhs
Expensive for the Indians!!!
Going by the Indian mindset,they wud rather prefer a Merc A class over this one.
Merc is got that sticky appeal "especially" to the Indians in any part of the world.Dunno why,but they dont want to look beyond than that sumhow.
Bmw might not be a looker as compared to the Merc but has its own charm.And it is for people who truly know what performance is.But how many people in India actually think on those terms???

Thats my opinion.
X
Old 29th September 2004, 23:15   #8
BHPian

No Way will any sensible guy pick an A over the 1..you have to be in a state of least consciousness..it is expesnive but it would have as much or more room than the C, plus its just a hatch back different style and ooohhh soooo much better than the A..A i think is a disgrace just liek smart cars..the only smallish Merc i am ok with is going to be B and then C..
Old 29th September 2004, 23:16   #9
BHPian

Now if you said the A3 is in competition, then I would have a hard time to pick..A3 or the 120...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks