Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 03:18   #16
BHPian

Well somehow this didnt strike me as good as the first time I saw the CTS. I still love the CTS and V and will go for a performance Sedan over a coupe anytime. The back seats are not that spacious especially for me being 6'2". But the ergonomics, built quality is pretty good for an American car. Never got a chance to test drive it bcos:

I had a pretty good experience at Cadillac showroom in 2008 when we wanted to purchase one. This was in New Jesey, a desi populated state in US; We stepped into the showroom and everyone looked at us like Aliens, as if they never saw a brown skin. We were discussing about the options and were constantly reminded that the car is very expensive and with most of the options will come to $45K as if the sale person already decided that we can't afford it. Then we asked him about a Black on Black with the options we wanted. It seems they were too busy to give a test ride and we were told to have a look at the car from outside in the lot with a specific number. Thats it, my brother got pissed off and we eventually ended up in a BMW showroom to order a 335i, which of-course was a very good decision though.

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 7th January 2010 at 03:20.
Old 7th January 2010, 09:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
I had a pretty good experience at Cadillac showroom in 2008 when we wanted to purchase one. This was in New Jesey, a desi populated state in US; We stepped into the showroom and everyone looked at us like Aliens, as if they never saw a brown skin. We were discussing about the options and were constantly reminded that the car is very expensive...
Hi Viper,

I'm sorry to hear about that! It's a pity that racial profiling still goes on. What they don't realize is that they lose quite a lot of potential customers in the process!

I'm glad you went in for a 335i eventually! It's a brilliant buy!
Old 7th January 2010, 22:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Kinda OT,but wanted to add more to Viper's experience.
Thats not the first time I've heard something like this happen with a Caddy showroom. A very close friend had been looking to get an Escalade 2-3 years ago.He absolutely loved the machine and was willing to put on over $10k in accessories once he got the machine home.One of the sales person's kept giving my friend the cold treatment for a few days and finally told him to go in for a test drive.After the usual haggling, the sales person seemed to be losing interest thinking that my friend would end up low balling him on the vehicle.As is the norm, we always try to get the best price and that was what my friend was trying to do. A few racist comments later, a nasty exchange of words and my friend stormed out of the dealership.But he made sure the sales person lost his job, and ended up getting some other SUV instead.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:35   #19
BHPian

Well Cadillac is still considered as pure American car especially for celebrities. Hope things change. Cadillac had a coupe earlier but I'm not sure how successful it was, I still see few of them on roads.

Most Viewed