Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 20:43   #136
Senior - BHPian

Interior pics of the Panamera

Porsche has finally unveiled the interior pics of the all new Panamera.They are way better than the exteriors!In fact one of the best i have ever seen.
The steering wheel has thumb switches allowing the driver to manually select the ratio of the 7-speed PDK dual clutch gearbox. A large navigation screen dominates the center of the instrument panel while two more are available to entertain the backseat passengers. Backseat accommodations appear to be just as capable as those up front, if less adjustable.

Source:Autoblog
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Panamera-p09_0666_a51280.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-p09_0668_a51280.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-p09_0671_a51280.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-p09_0674_a51280.jpg  

Old 26th February 2009, 17:29   #137
BHPian

a few shots of the interior i came across. the rear end is way too ugly!! no wait except the front end and the interior the whole car is too damn ugly!

Porsche Panamera-interior.jpg Porsche Panamera-interior-1.jpg
Porsche Panamera-interior-2.jpg Porsche Panamera-interior-3.jpg
Porsche Panamera-front.jpg Porsche Panamera-rear.jpg

Source: gizmag

Last edited by dr_know : 26th February 2009 at 17:31.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:07   #138
BHPian

What Dippy said.

I hated it when I saw the pictures first, but it's growing on me...
Old 26th February 2009, 20:38   #139
BHPian

I don't think its ugly at all. You guys all had something "set" in your head. Since you didnt get "that" - you're calling it ugly. The swooping beetle-back look is sort of squared off making it look just a bit like a damn hearse lol.

And stop saying 200k. If you look at the pricing you'll notice that the range is 90-133k. I think of this car as being somewhere in between the luxury sedan and the sports GT cruiser. I think Porsche is going after the Aston Martin Rapide // Maserati GT crowd while also taking a few from the CLS customer base. I mean think of it this way - why should I buy a british car that always breaks down or an exotic high-maintenance italian when I can get the solid engineering of a german car with a solid dealer network?

I want to see this car in person though. Cant wait!
Old 26th February 2009, 20:54   #140
BHPian

Its more than the mindset that begs it to be called ugly, it lacks character. First it was the Cayenne, why would a company with a reputation of great sporting history loose its way and start making SUV's and now a 4 door sedan.

But like f450 has said this is a design that might grow on us like the Chris Bangle BMW 7 Series. I have to say the truth that the front end is nice but am not pleased at the rear end.

Take this as fact, its all a personal choice or a point of view, what you see as beautiful is not always beautiful in others eyes. Please correct me if am wrong.
Old 26th February 2009, 21:11   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
Its more than the mindset that begs it to be called ugly, it lacks character. First it was the Cayenne, why would a company with a reputation of great sporting history loose its way and start making SUV's and now a 4 door sedan.

But like f450 has said this is a design that might grow on us like the Chris Bangle BMW 7 Series. I have to say the truth that the front end is nice but am not pleased at the rear end.

Take this as fact, its all a personal choice or a point of view, what you see as beautiful is not always beautiful in others eyes. Please correct me if am wrong.
With regards to your first para, I like the looks of the Cayenne. A lot. I know plenty of other people who do too.

With regards to your second para, everyone's got a problem just with the rear end. :P

With regards to your third para, I agree completely. As with the Cayenne (which I liked and you didn't) and maybe even the X6 and other cars, some people like it and some people you don''t. Radical designs always have that effect, you either love them or you hate them. Some cars like the Gallardo and the F430 play it safe by not using any extreme designs. Lambo tested those waters with the Murcielago though..
Old 26th February 2009, 21:30   #142
BHPian

Well I dont know but I feel Prosche has really maintained its same family design cues and its brand intact ! four door sounded ridiculous at first but I should confess its job well done
Old 26th February 2009, 21:43   #143
BHPian

And to be perfectly honest, even Aston Martin and Lamborghini did more or less the same thing, i.e. take a previous design and elongate it to make it a four door. So can't blame Porsche for sticking to its Beetle concept
Old 26th February 2009, 22:17   #144
Senior - BHPian

Ha! Looks like a high performance low-slung estate...Estoque & Rapide look way better...but interiors are to die for..looks all cosy & invitin'!! perfect for inter-continental tours!
Old 13th March 2009, 17:25   #145
BHPian

The Porsche lines will change for nothing
The boxster, Cayman, 911, Cayenne and now the panamera. They wont let it go for anything.
Porsche - Does not believe in doing what is expected of them, but doing what they feel is right.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:39   #146
Senior - BHPian

The interiors are smokin hot.
Exterior - front looks good, back a tad ugly and well is this the first 4 seater from Porsche or there has been one, memory fails me!
Old 13th March 2009, 23:26   #147
BHPian

interiors look nice, but absolutely hate the back end. i prefer the rapide to the panamera in the looks department.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:03   #148
BHPian

what a lovely and awesome interiors..
Specially the dash bord and the gear shifts...
Old 17th March 2009, 23:23   #149
Senior - BHPian

For some reason,I thought that the rear headroom would be cramped.These pics show otherwise.Fairly high roof,and lots of headroom for the driver & passenger. Well scuplted interiors.
Old 15th June 2009, 07:20   #150
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Porsche Panamera-2010porsche_panamera.jpg
Porsche introduced the four-door Panamera at the Shanghai Motor Show.
The legendary sports car maker is changing the whole idea of a four door sedan. People may do a double take when they see the first-ever four-seat sports car from Porsche called the "Panamera", just introduced at the Shanghai Motor Show in China.
The 2010 Panamera is Porsche's fourth model line and the company says customers will see an unprecedented vehicle concept, a gran turismo offering dynamic performance, elegance and luggage space - all delivered at zero to 60 miles and hour in under 5 seconds.
This is the first premium car with an automatically shifting double-clutch transmission to feature an engine start/stop system that saves fuel and reduces emissions by turning the off when it is not needed, such as sitting at a stop light, for example. The Panamera will be on sale this October.
Porsche Panamera-smallish_3458690063_9f1af696e4_o.jpgPorsche Panamera-smallish_3458690165_7aeece2d51_o.jpgName:  smallish_3459504530_6378335428_o.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  10.7 KBPorsche Panamera-smallish_3459504654_5647fbd89f_o.jpg

It's supposedly able to go from zero to 60 in under five seconds.
Porsche Panamera-porschepanameraturbolivetop.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks