Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 00:58   #76
BHPian

The Panamera will also be coming with a Hybrid Drive.

It will be the first four-door sports model to feature the fuel-efficient full parallel hybrid technology.

The newly developed full parallel hybrid system will consist primarily of the battery unit positioned in the luggage compartment, the power electronics, and the hybrid module between the engine and transmission comprising an additional clutch and the electric motor. Depending on driving conditions, the hybrid module is able to disengage either the combustion engine or the electric motor, or to combine both drive systems as one joint power unit. Hence, the Panamera may be driven in a number of different modes ranging from all-electric drive absolutely free of emissions all the way to the sporting style of motoring so typical of a Porsche.

The new Panamera Gran Turismo will be making its world debut in 2009 and will be introduced initially with proven drive concepts. The hybrid version will be following later, depending on market requirements.
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Panamera-porschepanamerahybridscheme.jpg  

Old 12th June 2008, 09:07   #77
BHPian

It initially looked a little daunting & chunky but the newer images show it to be a typical german, ICE COLD looks. Would have liked it to look sharper than present.
Old 5th July 2008, 20:46   #78
BHPian

Porsche Panamera caught testing in the Arctic Circle.

The Porsche Panamera has been caught testing in Stuttgart and on the 'Ring for some time, and now you can add the Arctic Circle to the list. The forthcoming sedan is undergoing cold weather testing in one of the world's most most inhospitable places in an effort to ensure the family man's Porsche's engine will still purr even on your worst winter morning. The car's appearance looks essentially the same as it has prior spy shots, which is to say that it's still ugly, yet it's still A Porsche. With possible plans for a diesel, hybrid, V6, V8, and turbo V8 model on the table, the German automaker will likely be hanging out with Santa and Frosty for quite a while. Hit the jump to see the V8-powered Panamera as it traverses the white stuff.
Porsche Panamera-panamera.fc.kgp.ed.jpg

Porsche Panamera-panamera.fe.kgp.ed.jpg

Porsche Panamera-panamera.pr.kgp.ed.jpg

Porsche Panamera-panamera.re.kgp.ed.jpg
Lot of people seem to be hating on the design. I personally think it looks pretty sweet, What about you guys?

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2008 at 22:06. Reason: Thread merged with existing.
Old 6th July 2008, 06:47   #79
BHPian

It looks pretty awesome.Im a porsche enthusiast and i have to say this isnt their best effort,but still doesn't look all that bad.I thing people are complaining because they have covered the car but, when it releases we can see the actual design.
Old 6th July 2008, 07:58   #80
BHPian

this car is not even a concept. Its just a test car , IMO built to test the engine and transmission. Because the body is made from fibreglass and doesnt look like they paid close attention to the design .
But once they give out the proper version it'll turn a good number of heads !!
Old 6th July 2008, 11:52   #81
BHPian

Looks alright, but I'll take the Aston Martin Rapide over this one any day.
Old 23rd July 2008, 07:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Some more info:
Porsche Panamera: Base Price of USD127,000

The complete article is :
Quote:
We are just over a year away from the official appearance of Porsche’s production saloon coupe, a car aimed at unsettling the Mercedes-Benz CLS as well as Audi and BMW’s upcoming four-door coupes. Assembly lines in Leipzig are already being tooled to ready themselves for the Panamera, while engines are being finalised. Audi may likely share this line with Porsche for its A7 saloon coupe too. The car will start at USD127,000 for the V6 model and the V8 turbo will start at USD198,000. Porsche is also pushing extremely hard to get a hybrid system, and also the double-clutch system it’s been working on, into the Panamera so its carbon footprint is reduced to legislated EU levels by 2010.

From what we know, the 4.8-litre V8 will remain as well as get a boost for the twin-turbo of well over 500 bhp. Three diesels are likely too; a smaller plus-3.0-litre, the Audi-sourced 4.2 V8 TDI as well as the V12 TDI. While these may not make it to the US, the hybrid most definitely will.
Some Images.
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Panamera-tbhppanamera1.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-tbhppanamera2.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-tbhppanamera3.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2008, 07:39   #83
BHPian

i would pick a cls 63 amg or aston martin rapide over this ugly
Old 23rd July 2008, 09:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

all i can say is hope all this camo is for a beautiful car inside, otherwise they could have done without the camo if it actually is this ugly..

and damn 130 Gs for a base and 200 Gs for the turbo, what are they smoking..
Old 14th August 2008, 22:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Some Interior shot.
Source:
First Interior Shot of Porsche Panamera

Quote:
After numerous spottings of the Porsche Panamera, it has left little to the imagination when it comes to the exterior styling. However when it comes to the interior, it is quite a different story. We caught a glimpse of it back in October last year, but it was well covered and looked far from the standard we expect from the Sportscar manufacturer. But now we can bring you a brand new photo taken by our intuitive spy photographer, which shows what appears to be a production ready center panel.
There are enough buttons scrawled across this panel to keep even the most tech-demanding folks happy, but the low position of the satellite navigation screen is sure to be a pain to read whilst driving. The gear-lever identifies that this particular prototype is equipped with Porsche's new double-clutch PDK gearbox and we can also see the Panamera will receive the same redesigned steering wheel as seen on the recently facelifted 911.
The Porsche Cayenne provides the platform, power will come from two version of the SUV's 4.8-liter V8 engine: naturally aspirated and turbocharged, a V6 engine will also be available. The Panamera will be the first Porsche to incorporate the new electric-gasoline hybrid system and further down the line a V6 diesel engine will be also introduced.
Launch is currently pencilled in for the second half of 2009 following the German automaker's home show in Frankfurt, it will be built at the company's Leipzig plant alongside the Cayenne with around 30,000 units planned annually.
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Panamera-tbhppanamera1.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-tbhppanamera2.jpg  

Porsche Panamera-tbhppanamera3.jpg  

Old 13th September 2008, 15:57   #86
BHPian

we have excessive and surprisingly good number of production slot bookings of the panamera already.
cant say much as of now except for saying that the panamera would easily do the ring faster than any other 4 door sedan in the world. Period
Old 15th September 2008, 17:24   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
we have excessive and surprisingly good number of production slot bookings of the panamera already.
cant say much as of now except for saying that the panamera would easily do the ring faster than any other 4 door sedan in the world. Period
Easily? I refuse to believe that. There are a few AMGs and a rapid Rapide that may give it a bit of a run for it's money. Unless ofcourse, the Panamera's so ugly that the track compresses itself to allow it to clear the 'ring quickly so that it (the track) doesn't have to bear the fugliness rolling all over it.
Old 15th September 2008, 17:48   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

The line-up of buttons around the gearshift reminds me of the Vertu phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Unless ofcourse, the Panamera's so ugly that the track compresses itself to allow it to clear the 'ring quickly so that it (the track) doesn't have to bear the fugliness rolling all over it.
Ouch !

Last edited by Sahil : 15th September 2008 at 17:50.
Old 15th September 2008, 17:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The line-up of buttons around the gearshift reminds me of the Vertu phones

Ouch !
That's exactly what I say every time I view these spy shots. I hope and pray that the final piece is better. I love these Porsches, don't get me wrong, but I can't stand horrendous designs. Na-uh.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:00   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Not even Porsche would think like that , we understand your enthusiasm but see or read no facts especially when Porsche has not released any solid performance specifications like power output, weight, CD, powertrain management etc as this data would enable us to contemplate a time.

I love Porsche but like logical reasoning as well, so lets wait and watch
Closed Thread

Most Viewed