Team-BHP - All new 2nd gen toureag fully uncovered
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   All new 2nd gen toureag fully uncovered (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/70159-all-new-2nd-gen-toureag-fully-uncovered-2.html)

The car is an Audi Q7-Q5 from the side profile :D

The name is "Touareg", and not "Toureag". I think it is named after the nomadic tribe of North Africa.

That apart, I liked the old Touareg front more than that of this one.

For me it's a bit polo -ish from the front, Q5/Q7 from side and rear. The car lost all muscles (as SVP-CnB says) and look more feminine in nature.

Cheers!

SUV with beautiful proportions! I like the low bonnet and somewhat lowslung stance which is different from Q7/Q5.
Is it still a 5 seater for such a big SUV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 1729171)
The name is "Touareg", and not "Toureag". I think it is named after the nomadic tribe of North Africa.

That apart, I liked the old Touareg front more than that of this one.

Glad that you made the correction. it is the VW Touareg, while the tribe was called Tuareg.

I've always liked the looks of this SUV,sadly don't see much of it around these parts of the US.Has some class,and does have decent road presence.

hey hey hey , whats the exact date of launch ? as i have already booked one i.e. the current one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1729935)
I've always liked the looks of this SUV,sadly don't see much of it around these parts of the US.Has some class,and does have decent road presence.

I think I've seen more Touaregs in Bangalore in six months than I've seen in NC in three years.

I see hints of the Q5/7 and Cayanne here. The lights resemble the Audi but the front bumper especially the fog lights are Porsche inspired. So are the exhaust at the rear.

yes VW Touareg is correct.

The North African tribe are called the Tuareg - but the spelling could be either as both words are simply variants of one another.

"Touareg" in one sense that it is used means "keeper of the faith" and this spelling was used by the French Foreign Legionnaires stationed in North Africa (circa early 1800's).

Tuareg is the slightly more modern spelling variant. Both are accepted.

The Tuareg people constantly wear the "veil" - because if they remove the "veil" and show their faces it is a sign of terrible disrespect, within their own community. They also had a thing against being photographed, believing it to be against the order of nature.

VW probably picked up "Touareg" as the name for its SUV because the word itself conjures up images of high adventure, the open spaces, breaking boundaries and the barriers of civilization, the romance of the desert etc - all of which are great cues for an SUV type vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1729935)
Glad that you made the correction. it is the VW Touareg, while the tribe was called Tuareg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1737311)
VW probably picked up "Touareg" as the name for its SUV because the word itself conjures up images of high adventure, the open spaces, breaking boundaries and the barriers of civilization, the romance of the desert etc - all of which are great cues for an SUV type vehicle.

And I must say the SUV has done justification to it's name. If I remember correctly, it won the Paris-Dakar rally three or four times in a row before it was shifted out to South America.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 1737284)
I think I've seen more Touaregs in Bangalore in six months than I've seen in NC in three years.

Wouldn't dispute that at all,Sir! B'lore has more imports/exotics than I've seen in many other cities in the US. Seems like all the rich people live in Namma Bengaluru..:D.
I thought there was just 1-2 of the Touaregs in B'lore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1738241)
I thought there was just 1-2 of the Touaregs in B'lore.

Then may be I saw the same ones again and again! Even then, it is more than the only one Touareg I saw registered in the state of NC! :D

Any idea when when they are launching it India? I can assure I'll be the first bhpian to buy one!

the toureag seems like a more sensible buy compared to the Q and the Cayenne.

The new Tiguan gets an early facelift.