Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 22:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online

Our detailed review of the new Fiesta has been uploaded here : Ford Fiesta Test Drive & Review

Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thread closed.

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online, now I think we are getting one generation older Fiesta as Figo and this car will hopefully come in sedan form.

Source : 2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online

Article :

Quote:

Official photos of the North America version of the Ford Fiesta appear to have surfaced online. The car is scheduled for an official unveiling during this week's LA Auto Show Press Days.

Both the hatch and sedan appear to substitute LED lights and vents in place of the Euro-Spec's fog lamps. Instead of a tall and narrow trapezoidal lower grille, the NA-spec cars have a wider, shorter grille. Where the sedan's upper grille has a brushed steel appearance, the hatchback's is body colored, and somewhat cheap-looking.

Heading to the rear end, the Fiesta hatch has slight variations to the lighting clusters and reflectors, with dual exhaust pipes pointed towards the road. Meanwhile, the sedan has a box-shaped rear adorned by a silver bar, and lights that cover both the panels and the lid.

For now, we have to wait to see what the interior pictures will look like. More photos should appear later today or tomorrow.

Note from Support:

The car has been spotted testing. Link to the thread here. Please continue discussions at that link
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f1.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f2.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f3.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f4.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f5.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f6.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f7.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f8.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f9.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f10.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f11.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f12.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f13.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f14.jpg  

2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-f15.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2011 at 12:53. Reason: Adding link to our Fiesta review
Old 1st December 2009, 22:45   #2
BHPian

Didnt like the Sedan that much but the hatchback is hot hot hot..
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

If Ford introduces these cars in India and price it around 9-12 lakhs, they've got a winner on their hands for sure! This car looks amazing!

The current Fiesta is a great car no doubt, but this will change the way some look at Ford in India and will surely get people to stop buying the much overrated new Honda City!
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Probably it may be introduced in india with some design change considering
the Indian peoples taste.

But seems it is going to cost anything above 10Lakhs?
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The sedan looks fantastic! This with a stonking 2.0l engine priced at 10-12 lakhs and with Ford's superb handling will be fantastic! I dont see anything in this price range matching it from the enthusiast's point of view. Except maybe for the Mitsu Lancer X. If it ever gets launched here.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:28   #6
BHPian

Looks very strange with its high back, awkward stance imho. that's an instant giveaway of a hatch being extended, the hatch is better.
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The sedan looks fantastic! This with a stonking 2.0l engine priced at 10-12 lakhs and with Ford's superb handling will be fantastic! I dont see anything in this price range matching it from the enthusiast's point of view. Except maybe for the Mitsu Lancer X. If it ever gets launched here.
I would say after all the above mentioned happens, then we'll have a good competition to Cedia and now Cruze (with those specs and price). IMO Cedia handles way better than any machine in that price bracket so far.
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

if it is introduced into Indian market then the boot glass has to be redesigned. it might trouble the driver as he cannot see the vehicles on the back of the car. Might be difficult IMO.But the muscle and streamline are great and HOT
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:19   #9
BHPian

This Hatch somehow reminds me of Focus at the rear, and yes this defnitely looks inviting.
Surely when the model comes to India its gonna get a makeover :(
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hatch looks like an I20 from 3 quarters just that its taller. And the sedan from rear looks like an SX4! Some lines in the dark color also remind of the new city.
Tho they look funky in pics, wonder why not do something original with those lines.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:29   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
I would say after all the above mentioned happens, then we'll have a good competition to Cedia and now Cruze (with those specs and price). IMO Cedia handles way better than any machine in that price bracket so far.
The thing is, this car, if release in India, will not come for at least a year. And by that time, it will be the time of the Lancer X and not the Cedia. Cedia is pretty much the best handling car this side of 15 lakhs(apart from the Fiesta 1.6S which is another Ford!), but it is outdated. It's time for it to be replaced by the Lancer X.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

The hatch looks hot! I didn't like the sedan though. Looks more like a boot paste job aka Dzire.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks very futuristic compared to the conservative styling of the current made for India Fiesta. I expect Ford to offer more powerful engines this time especially the diesel one to match the competition.

So when is this one coming to india?
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Interior Pix

Here's a picture of the interiors i found online. Looks good to me!
If it performs as well as the current Fiesta, we finally have some competition to the ANHC. The interior has that Chevrolet Cruze Interior look to it IMO
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Ford Fiesta Makes an Early Appearance Online-fordfiestainterior230209.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2009, 18:43   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The thing is, this car, if release in India, will not come for at least a year. And by that time, it will be the time of the Lancer X and not the Cedia. Cedia is pretty much the best handling car this side of 15 lakhs(apart from the Fiesta 1.6S which is another Ford!), but it is outdated. It's time for it to be replaced by the Lancer X.
OT:

Guys,

Where did you get this from? Well, I have never driven a Cedia and I don't know how it handles, but from what I've read, it's not a very nice handling car! Mitsubishi, apparently have messed around with the Cedia's suspension quite a lot and it's so softly sprung that it rolls like a boat!

I'd read in CNBC Autocar (Mag) that the Cedia is not a sorted car at all! Yes, it does have a super sweet chassis that several auto-companies would like to replicate but the handling is not something to write home about! It got an overall 6/10 in the handling department when tested by Narain Karthikeyan around the Sriperumbudur race track. The Fiesta socored the highest with 9/10, that of course if you exempt the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, the BMW 325i and the the Audi TT!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks