Audi TT 4 16.00%
BMW Z4 0 0%
Nissan 350Z 2 8.00%
Honda S2000 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2004, 15:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Porsche Boxster S. Sure it's a cheaper Porsche , but that in no way means that it's a slouch. It's driving dynamics after all these years are still the best in it's class, even though it doesn't win any horsepower wars. The S2000 VTEC is to die for, but that's about it, it's looks don't appeal to e nor does it's snappy chassis. The TT though it looks super cool is almost a fashion accessory. i kinda like the new SLK, but even though it's the latest roadster on the market it's still outdone by the Boxster. Can't wait for the new one then.

To quote CAR UK on a recent comparo between the Boxster S and the SLK 350:
"The Boxster has a weapons-grade preicision about it's every movement"

"...On these roads, the Boxster feels like a globule of quicksilver gliding across a sheet of plate glass."

"Fast and fluid, engaging and absorbing, it's a match for the Boxster-80 percent of the time. And if 80 percent is good enough for you, you'll be delighted with the SLK. As long as you can live with the knowledge that every Boxster that passes you is the better car."

All this for a car that's been on the market for 8 years now. I can only imagine how the new Boxster will annhilate competition.
Old 4th September 2004, 15:27   #17
BHPian

350Z
s2000
tt
z4
boxster
Old 5th September 2004, 13:17   #18
BHPian

I'm sticking to mein fuhrer from Stuttgart Thank you very much. It's not that I don't like the S2000, but with the reliability and handly of a Porsche, I just can't say no to it. I know the Honda is extremely reliable if not more so than the Porsche but even the feeling you get when you own the Porsche is something of joy, ecstacy. And also, as told by so many people. there should be an option for the SLK which probably I would have chosen, but I reserve my judgement till the 2005-6 Porsche Boxster Is released.
Old 6th September 2004, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Ever wondered how similarly most of us think??

For me, Porsche = 911. The Boxster is too mass-market, an attempt at taking Porsche to the less privileged. Like the Cayenne, it dilutes the soul of the marque. Come on Porsche, you could've found out better ways to make profits.

For all its widely acclaimed Bauhaus styling and art-deco interiors, the TT still reminds me of an egg. The S4 convertible would be an infinitely better bet.

I hate Bangle. For all those who say the new Beemers look much better in the flesh, have tremendous street presence, blah, blah, blah....lemme tell u something - I still hate Bangle and his weird contraptions. The engines are jewels though......now only if BMW designs went back to the 80's and early 90's.

The 350Z might be good. Still it doesnt capture the essence of the Z name. It doesnt come close to the charismatic 300ZX too.

The S2000. Pocket-rocket it sure is, with around 240 horses to propel a scant 1200 kg. Rear-wheel drive, near 50/50 weight dist, a 6-speed manual and a 9K rev limit - what more could you ask for? It's not that expensive either.
Old 1st October 2004, 03:53   #20
BHPian

The Boxter n the Z4,both perfect roadsters,both German n both neck to neck to be the KING.
When it comes to the best of the Beasts,its the Boxter,in a very satisfactory manner.
But with the Z4,BMWs intentions at aiming straight for Stuttgarts jugular,sounded good,its the most stylish machine in its class,its agile,supple & an easy drive machine.Its way better than the Z3..............But by trying to match the Boxters pace by pushing for the final tenth of it,its managed to upset its balance.
The Z4 is good,well if there was no Boxter,Z4 would be the sure King,its simple,Porsche is a brand that is focused heavily on driver involvement more than nything & has spent decades honing the responses of some of the greatest ever drivers cars.
Old 2nd October 2004, 20:28   #21
BHPian

..its a pity u didnt include many of the best roadsters.... anyway in these i'll go for the porsche...
Old 2nd October 2004, 23:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well,i guess i`ll take the 350Z.Just love that beauty.Its such a awesome handler and those amazing revs thru the gearshifts.aaahhhhh!
Driven that 1 as well as the S2000,but am smitten by the 350Z cos of its handling and power.
S2000 might come a second close.
X
Old 2nd October 2004, 23:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just realised that i`m the only one who voted for this car.....
Hehe.......All Honda luverz outthere.

X
Old 3rd October 2004, 03:03   #24
BHPian

I loove the 350 as well..but hate the cheeeep interior quality..

but it were coupes then I could recommend the G35c/Skyline instead of the 350Z...

anyhow the only reason I didnt pick the 350 was cuz it really feels crappy when driving it, its more raw, I like refined speed
Old 3rd October 2004, 03:47   #25

i'd go for the Z4 although i believe everyone thinks it looks kinda absurd i really like it. it just seems to have the brut-ish look and moreover its a BMW!
Old 5th October 2004, 17:32   #26
BHPian

hi i jus boutgh the april edition oftop gear magazine

car of the year for best coupe/roadster:

Nissan350Z::

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks