Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 13:12   #1
Team-BHP Support

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!

Getting a Carrera GT serviced is not an easy job. The 4 year service is done on the CGT regardless of how many miles the supercar has clocked! To get the service done, most parts are stripped off and there are not many mechanics who are qualified to do this. Some of the main things that are done during the service are: change of oil and filters, new drive belt, visual inspection for leaks and completeness, through check of brake system and nuts, clutch check, check smoothness of the throttle, check of steering, check of axle joints, check of drive shafts, visual inspection of exhaust system, check of tires and wheels, check of roof panels, check of rear wing drive, check of lights, check of seat belts and air bags, check of ac and replace of spark plugs.
That is a lot of work for a car that has less than 10,000 miles on it, but lets not forget this is not an ordinary car!
The pictures will give you an indication on how a Carrera GT is serviced. Utmost care is taken by highly trained mechanics who know nothing short of 'precision'

Source: Fayence Yellow Porsche Carrera GT getting a 4 year service | 911SPIRIT.com
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt19.pg_2.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt22.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt32.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt42.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt52.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt62.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt72.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt82.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt92.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt102.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt110.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt112.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt122.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt132.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt142.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt152.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt162.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt172.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt182.jpg  

Yellow Carrera GT: Service Report with Detailed Pictures!-fayenceyellowporschecarreragt201.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 13:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow.. Amazing pics!! Worthy to see the GT being serviced so thoroughly..

Thanks for the pics mate!!
Old 10th December 2009, 14:09   #3
BHPian

nice. but i would not even want to know the cost of this servicing.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:24   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good pictures, Well i am interested in knowing the service cost. Please post if somebody knows it.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:11   #5
BHPian

Good pics and now they can justify the cost for servicing a GT.I think it's done by one single person based on the pics
Old 10th December 2009, 16:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is this report really true. Sure looks cool though. Look at he detailing around the engine.
Love the sound these machine make. Truly Amazing.
Any idea about the service costs ?
Old 10th December 2009, 16:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

To rip the car apart everytime it goes for servicing is very scary. In one of those times if someone forgets to put back an important part, the car might appear on Wrecked exotics.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wow.. Amazing pics!! Worthy to see the GT being serviced so thoroughly..

Thanks for the pics mate!!
Anytime! My pleasure!

Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
nice. but i would not even want to know the cost of this servicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Very good pictures, Well i am interested in knowing the service cost. Please post if somebody knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Is this report really true. Sure looks cool though. Look at he detailing around the engine.
Love the sound these machine make. Truly Amazing.
Any idea about the service costs ?
Guys,

I'm not entirely aware of the costs involved, but I will find out and let you know very soon. I will update this thread with it!
Old 10th December 2009, 18:43   #9
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
To rip the car apart everytime it goes for servicing is very scary. In one of those times if someone forgets to put back an important part, the car might appear on Wrecked exotics.
It could end up risking lives.
Not only missing an important part but if a particular part is not fit as required. What i mean is, nothing, nothing can match the quality of work off the manufacturing plant's conveyors! There is always scope for human error.

Last edited by Akki_5 : 10th December 2009 at 18:46.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:45   #10
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

I've found out that a Carrera GT service like this would set you back by $8000 in the States! Gulp!
Old 10th December 2009, 19:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Man what a job... to be among full monty supercars all day! Sigh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks