Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 10:22   #1
BHPian

New traffic violation rules - Qatar

The autorities here have introduced new traffic rules that include provisions for massive penalties inorder to curb the ever increasing no. of accidents brought on by rash driving and blatant violation of traffic rules.

These rules came into effect from November.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New traffic violation law.pdf (626.5 KB, 5274 views)
Old 16th December 2009, 11:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

We need this in India badly and fast hope it happens sooner than later
Old 16th December 2009, 11:36   #3
BHPian

I have a few qatari friends and they tell me people drive at "only" 150 km/h.

Another thing he was telling me was that they like tilting cars on 2 wheels, especially SUVs like 2 door Nissan Patrols etc.

I think this behaviour is quite idiotic and wasteful.

Btw, his cousin owns a Veyron.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 16th December 2009 at 11:49. Reason: Editing out "drink" part
Old 16th December 2009, 11:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Very high penalties !
Motorcylist - No pillion Rider allowed?

Wish we had this kind of Law in India- will it or atleast similar to these penalties/punishment be enforced in India - when?
Old 16th December 2009, 11:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

If this is ever implemented in India there will be no cars or bikes on the roads and you would need massive detention centers and equally massive impound lots. LOL
Old 16th December 2009, 12:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Oh God, why did they implement this list in Qatar which was prepared for India ?

If Indian system ever get hold of this list and implement, our roads will look like a 'harthal' day throughout the week ! If by any chance people forget the new rules and drive around, we will have more than half the indian population with a suspended license within the first 5 days.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Oh God, why did they implement this list in Qatar which was prepared for India ?

If Indian system ever get hold of this list and implement, our roads will look like a 'harthal' day throughout the week ! If by any chance people forget the new rules and drive around, we will have more than half the indian population with a suspended license within the first 5 days.
+1 to it.

Our roads will be heaven if at all this gets implemented in India. But there again, our people are so smart that they will try all possible means to get away with an offence by citing references of every Tom Dick and Harry that they know in the police, transport departments and of course, our level-headed politicians who hold the country at ransom.

OT: I am visiting Qatar next week to spend my vacation with my in-laws. Will check out the effect of these rules being implemented.
Old 17th December 2009, 10:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic! This is exactly what India needs! And fast!

Think about the number of accidents reduced? Think about the polite Autorickshaw who wouldn't cut you off! Think about the taxi walah giving the pedestrian right of way! It'll be brilliant! And it's do wonders for other things as well, like tourism!

I'd be ecstatic even if half these rules are formulated and implemented in India!

Most Viewed