Team-BHP - Totalled new Hyundai Sonata
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Totalled new Hyundai Sonata (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/7249-totalled-new-hyundai-sonata.html)

A reporter took the new Sonata for a test drive in China and it seems a hurricane came up, picked up the car, banged it against the barriers, tossed it around a few times and left it totalled on the road. The driver opened the door and walked out! Don't how much of it is true...I mean didn't the guys know the hurricane was coming.....something weird about the details of this accident..anyway check out the pictures...

Article found on this site

Whats with these Chinese ppl man.....they surely prove to be the worest drivers! This car is in baaaaad shape....just like the accord crash that was posted earlier by some1 and its not suprising to know that was in china too.

Sahil, what can a driver do against natural occurences such as a hurricane apart from avoiding it in the first place. This begs the question why would a sane person go for a test drive in the middle of a hurricane....or any where near it.

The passenger cabin looks to be in decent shape judging from the pics. So based on the pics, the 2006 Sonata is a very safe car to be in.

i may be mistaken, but it seems that the physics of this accident may be incorrect. the car has taken a severe beating mainly in the front and the back - so going by the pictures, it has probably landed on both these areas from a height - yet the top part of the car seems perfect...

now the tailpipes also seem to be undamaged - and the wheels look like they are set for a photography session - any clarifications.

and if what's seen is true - then the hyundai may just be a safe car after all...

i had a similar accident last year.. the car has spun off its line, hit side on on one side of the higway barriers then bounced back spinng across the road hitting the mid barrier ..
the road is wet ..there is debri on the side of the road (barrier) ...

Who do I have the feeling that this might be a marketing gimmick by Hyundai? Just to promote the impression about the safety of the car...any thoughts guys?

Manti.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil
Whats with these Chinese ppl man.....they surely prove to be the worest drivers! .

Sahil, you remind of our gen saying in the US that if the guy in front of you is not letting you pass, then it is either a chinku or a desi :p

the impact seems more like what Turbo Lover's described. Which would also explain the wheels not being damaged. Also, If it had dropped from a height, it wouldnt have been on the freeway at-all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
A reporter took the new Sonata for a test drive in China and it seems a hurricane came up, picked up the car, banged it against the barriers, tossed it around a few times and left it totalled on the road. The driver opened the door and walked out! Don't how much of it is true...I mean didn't the guys know the hurricane was coming.....something weird about the details of this accident..anyway check out the pictures...

I don't buy the hurricane story, if the hurricane picked and tossed the car around then how come nothing happened to the roof? It's highly improbable that the hurricane left it on four wheels right side up.

Anyways weird things do happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manticore
Who do I have the feeling that this might be a marketing gimmick by Hyundai? Just to promote the impression about the safety of the car...any thoughts guys?

Manti.

I second your thought. A car with smashed front and back not activating at least one airbag sensor????. Only chance is that the car's electronics failed or the car would have been in switched off condition. Another cheap marketing tactics by Hyundai.

Hyundai, you should be kidding around again.

Yeah Also the front Windshield is not scathed even after that kind of frontal impact(May be the crumple zones took the shock but still) Also teh roof also looks scratcless.