Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 21:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Iosis - New Mondeo?

Top Gear feels that many of the design cues from the Ford Iosis concept car will be incorporated into the 2006 Mondeo. Of course, the design will be toned down to make the Mondeo affordable to the masses.

Read more about the Ford Iosis here.
Old 30th August 2005, 21:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why is everyone in Ford obsessed with those rear lights???
Look at the Jag Lgiihtweight concept and 06 XK and rd-6 concept and you'll know what I mean.
Nice looking concept anyway, everyone likes low-roof and slit windows these days!!
Old 29th December 2005, 10:03   #3
BANNED

the ford iosis

the ford iosis i got these from a friend i really liked the head lamps and also the cool interiors pls reply friends

TAKE A LOOK AT THE HEADLAMPS

INTERIOR
Hey friends i think this is my 50th post
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
i will become abhpian haaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 28th January 2006, 01:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

New Ford Mondeo Concept.

I got this from another site... here is the link to it..

I am sorry but this thing is outrageously good looking and modern..now this is what ford should be coming out with not the crap that it always does..

Ford Mondeo Concept

or try this

Mondeo Concept Orignal

Last edited by 1Day : 28th January 2006 at 01:25.
Old 28th January 2006, 02:39   #5
BHPian

This is a concept car and take years to come out of production line. By that time Honda and Toyota will come with their concept cars.
Old 28th January 2006, 02:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narasimha raju
This is a concept car and take years to come out of production line. By that time Honda and Toyota will come with their concept cars.
you think..the time from concept to production on the G35 coupe and sedan is going to be 1 yr..

the concept to production time on the fuga concept shown to M45 was about a year..

so it depends..how ready the concept is..in this case it surely doesnt look very much ready but if it does make it closely looking like what some of the guys on that forum have shown..boy honda and toyota would have a hard time in europe..and india..
Old 28th January 2006, 03:05   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i remember reading somewhere that the headlamps and the front grille will be retained in the next mondeo....
Old 29th January 2006, 02:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

MODS:
why has this been moved out of indian car scene? this is suppose to be a model available in india if i am not mistaken and if this is the concept for it then it should have place in india car scene..

Note from Moderator: This car is still a concept and there is no news yet of it being launched in India. Pictures of this car had been posted in two other threads in the past. Now all three threads have been merged.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th January 2006 at 07:45.
Old 29th January 2006, 05:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

No doubt it's a great looking car. The production version will look awesome even if it retains 50% of the desgin cues from this concept but let's not forget that other companies are also working to develop and modernize their cars. By the time this Mondeo is out, Honda will have the new Accord out too. I remember a concept from Honda which was going to be the new Accord in a few years. The thread was posted here by shantanu.
Old 29th January 2006, 08:10   #10
Team-BHP Support

Aston / Jaguar?

its a good looking car no doubts but doesn't the styling seem too similar to the Aston Martins and the new Jaguar XK / Advanced Lightweight Coupe?
Old 29th January 2006, 14:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

This concept is beautiful, i hope the production car also looks as good.
Old 30th January 2006, 11:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

the sad part is the mondeo might just have ONLY the looks of this car. Since this is a concept car the gull wing doors wont be incorporated, the driving assist wont be incorporated, the specially deviced steering wheel wont be incorporated. . .
Old 30th January 2006, 11:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427
the sad part is the mondeo might just have ONLY the looks of this car. Since this is a concept car the gull wing doors wont be incorporated, the driving assist wont be incorporated, the specially deviced steering wheel wont be incorporated. . .
isnt that a but obvious..really, who was hoping that from a car which costs less than an accord or a camry??..atleast not me..i was only hoping the looks remain..cuz its gorgeous and will blow the competition away even if the engineering is a little better than before..

Last edited by 1Day : 30th January 2006 at 11:38.
Old 30th January 2006, 11:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
who was hoping that from a car which costs less than an accord or a camry??..atleast not me..i was only hoping the looks remain..cuz its gorgeous and will blow the competition away even if the engineering is a little better than before..
IMHO the current Mondeo is priced cheaper only because its nothing but a minor update to the model that has been around for a few years.

Any 'NEW' offering will be priced higher than the Accords and Camrys, because its a CBU and made in Belgium - it cannot be cheaper to produce than the other two.

Also, like AMit pointed out - this is a concept and other manufacturers arent exactly sitting around doing nothing till Ford decides to release the production version.
Old 30th January 2006, 11:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

but toyota has already gotten their new camry out..even though its nice looking and will be huge from inside...but its only a nice upgrade to the accord..so that isnt changing anytime soon..the accord is going to change next year and I have seen the design there..its nice but it seems small from the outside..lets see..surely accord would be a nice buy...but this will serve as a good option unlike currently and when I said cheaper i meant outside india and i was refering to tht e gulwing doors and joystick etc that someone before me pointed out as not going to be in production model..for that price no one can expect the concept model technology to trickle down to the production model..

Last edited by 1Day : 30th January 2006 at 11:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks