Team-BHP - Porsche may introduce the New 997 II 911 GT2 'RS'!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Porsche may introduce the New 997 II 911 GT2 'RS'! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/73602-porsche-may-introduce-new-997-ii-911-gt2-rs.html)

Porsche's famed track day car, the GT3 might have some competition around the track. And that too, from it's own stable! Porsche is getting ready to introduce a brand new track focused car that's aided by force induction for the first time since the introduction of the '74 911 Carrera RSR Turbo.

Rumor has it that the GT2 RS would be powered by the 3.8 liter, six-pot motor that does duty in most cars across the 997-911 range. However, the regular GT2 is powered by a 3.6 liter motor so the increased capacity ensures a jump in horsepower figures (550 horsepower). Power is sent to the rear wheels ONLY. 550 horses, twin-turbos, rear wheel drive and 6 speed tranny would all add up to make a heady, adrenaline pumping cocktail indeed!

This uprated motor is said to be mated to the traditional six speed shifter that Porsche offers standard with all their hard-core variants. However, Porsche have decided to make the improved version of the PDK 'box (With flappy-paddles instead of toggle switches) available as an option.

Traditionally, Porsche never offers any other transmission with their hard-core variants other than the Manual. But this time round, they've decided to offer it with the heavier PDK 'box. The new 'box is said to help i reducing acceleration times quite substantially, although it's a lot heavier than the regular manual transmission.

So what else can we expect? Center-locking wheels, acrylic rear window glass, widened wheel arches, carbon rear spoiler, bucket seats, new color schemes and a roll cage to make it the ultimate track track car.

The GT2 RS is said to make its World Debut at the Geneva Motor Show this year. Below in the gallery are just speculative renderings not the real thing.

Source: Rumor: Porsche working on a 550+ hp 911 GT2 RS

This will be one mad,extreme and hairy Porsche!

Wow finally ! Always wondered how an rs version of the 911 gt2 would be like. Looks brilliant though. Love the yellow one.

The yellow one does look great indeed! Dante would be very pleased to see that! Yellow on black looks awesome and he'd agree when he gets a glimpse of this! :)

woww!! That's a great offering from Porsche. Looks awesome in yellow.

Porsche has introduced one of its most powerful models 911 GT2 RS in the Indian market. The model is available at 199,500 euros or Rs 1.5 crores and above. The car is capable of attaining 0-100 kmph in just 3.5 seconds and 200 kmph speed in 9.8 seconds. It can attain a top speed of 330 kmph with its 3600cc twin variable turbo engine delivering 620 bhp. The model is capable of beating the old Porsche 911 GT2 or even Porsche Carrera GT.

Porsche will manufacture only 500 units of the model which will be available largely in the European and the US markets. For the Indian roads, it may be imported against confirmed bookings only. However, there is no official statement from the company regarding the same.

Porsche currently sells its models like Panamera in India via its official importer and dealer – Precision Cars India Limited. Precision cars had recalled its Panamera models in India owing to the potentially faulty seat belts. The official media statement had requested all Porsche owners in India to contact their nearest service centre to install additional safety feature in 2010 models at no additional costs.

goood luck to the moron who buys this...the car will fall apart on our roads and as for the driver...slip disc, broken teeth migranes etc....
the gt2 is also better known as the 'widow maker'

GOOD GOD!! when i red the thread title originally i thought the maddest person on earth was an Indian to bring such car to India. the title is really misleading.
back to the topic, i couldnt agree with gemballa any more!! India, just isnt ready for such cars yet. god help the moron who thinks otherwise!!

whoa the RS speed demon is here, im sure quite a few would get lapped up here in India, with the 600+ bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemballa (Post 1892655)
goood luck to the moron who buys this...the car will fall apart on our roads and as for the driver...slip disc, broken teeth migranes etc....
the gt2 is also better known as the 'widow maker'

Quote:

Originally Posted by bivin (Post 1892670)
GOOD GOD!! when i red the thread title originally i thought the maddest person on earth was an Indian to bring such car to India. the title is really misleading.
back to the topic, i couldnt agree with gemballa any more!! India, just isnt ready for such cars yet. god help the moron who thinks otherwise!!

If people can buy and drive LP 640s on Delhi roads than whats the big deal in this?

^^ Agreed. People in India do not buy cars for racing or for power thirst, its more of a Status Symbol and to show off the Finacial Power of "dad". Atleast I can say that for North India, People drive these cars at 60, 100 or max160KMPH and that too for a shot-of-a-second.

@ThE Godfather: not all buy cars as a status symbol, there are a few who buy cars for the pleasure of driving and to explore the limits of their cars.
drive safe!

mmmm.. Ok.Say like that, a few. But still since people are talking about migranes due to speed and all, I dont think people here really do with those cars. I am talking about majority and not all. So Pardon me track boys! :)

I think india has quite a number of a good roads already to enjoy these supercars.But unlike a lamborghini,a lay man wont be immediately floored by a GT2 RS.So a person buying a RS wont be doing it for grabbing the eyeballs but a real enthusiast.

Offtopic: What happened to the Turbo S?wasnt that introduced in india as well?

lp640 feels like a magic carpet ride compared to the gt2