Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 09:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bentley Continental GTC Supersports convertible

Link: New Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible: Fastest Four-Seater Cabrio in the World - Carscoop

This here is the all-new Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible that follows the introduction of its coupe sibling in 2009. Set to be officially revealed at the Geneva Motor Show in early March, it is billed as the fastest and most powerful drop-top Bentley ever produced as well as the quickest four-seat convertible in the world.
The convertible model features the same twin-turbocharged W12 engine found on the Continental Supersports Coupe. It produces 630 horsepower (621bhp) at 6,000 rpm and 800Nm (590lb ft) of torque at 2,000-4,500 rpm, and it is capable of running on both gasoline and E85 bioethanol or any combination of the two.
Power is channeled to all four wheels through a strengthened ZF 6HP26 transmission with a 'Quickshift' system that is said to reduce shift times by 50% while also enabling double downshifts.
Bentley says that the soft-top Supersports model accelerates from standstill to 60mph in 3.9 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds), to 100mph in 9.6 seconds (0-160km/h in 9.5 seconds) and reaches a top speed of 202mph or 325km/h.
Like its coupe counterpart, the Continental Supersports Convertible features revised suspension, steering and ESP settings, a 40/60 rear-biased torque split for the all-wheel drive system, carbon-ceramic brakes, slightly blistered rear wheel arches to accommodate the wider tracks and 20-inch lightweight alloy wheels shod in 275/35 ZR20 Pirelli Ultra High Performance tires.
Same goes for the interior that has been upgraded with carbon fibre front sports seats, special materials and trim options. However, unlike the coupe, the convertible model keeps the rear seats.
Sales of the Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible are expected to start in the autumn.
Attached Thumbnails
Bentley Continental GTC Supersports convertible-bentleycontinentalsupersportscabrio2.jpg  

Bentley Continental GTC Supersports convertible-bentleycontinentalsupersportscabrio4.jpg  

Bentley Continental GTC Supersports convertible-bentleycontinentalsupersportscabrio6.jpg  

Bentley Continental GTC Supersports convertible-bentleycontinentalsupersportscabrio7.jpg  

Bentley Continental GTC Supersports convertible-bentleycontinentalsupersportscabrio8.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 12:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Link: New Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible: Fastest Four-Seater Cabrio in the World - Carscoop

This here is the all-new Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible that follows the introduction of its coupe sibling in 2009. Set to be officially revealed at the Geneva Motor Show in early March, it is billed as the fastest and most powerful drop-top Bentley ever produced as well as the quickest four-seat convertible in the world.
The convertible model features the same twin-turbocharged W12 engine found on the Continental Supersports Coupe. It produces 630 horsepower (621bhp) at 6,000 rpm and 800Nm (590lb ft) of torque at 2,000-4,500 rpm, and it is capable of running on both gasoline and E85 bioethanol or any combination of the two.
Power is channeled to all four wheels through a strengthened ZF 6HP26 transmission with a 'Quickshift' system that is said to reduce shift times by 50% while also enabling double downshifts.
Bentley says that the soft-top Supersports model accelerates from standstill to 60mph in 3.9 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds), to 100mph in 9.6 seconds (0-160km/h in 9.5 seconds) and reaches a top speed of 202mph or 325km/h.
Like its coupe counterpart, the Continental Supersports Convertible features revised suspension, steering and ESP settings, a 40/60 rear-biased torque split for the all-wheel drive system, carbon-ceramic brakes, slightly blistered rear wheel arches to accommodate the wider tracks and 20-inch lightweight alloy wheels shod in 275/35 ZR20 Pirelli Ultra High Performance tires.
Same goes for the interior that has been upgraded with carbon fibre front sports seats, special materials and trim options. However, unlike the coupe, the convertible model keeps the rear seats.
Sales of the Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible are expected to start in the autumn.

Ohhhhh Man, That is one hell of a convertible.!.!.!, Looks really good.!.!
Old 17th February 2010, 13:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice find! I like this GT SS Convertible!

Last edited by ecksreturns : 17th February 2010 at 13:08.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:37   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

looks very good. a sort of "gentlemanly aggression" seems to come through.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Which is the Bentley GT Convertible which is already available? There is one white one with a Tan top here in Mumbai for 2 years now. Whats the diff in the two?
Old 17th February 2010, 14:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Which is the Bentley GT Convertible which is already available? There is one white one with a Tan top here in Mumbai for 2 years now. Whats the diff in the two?
Two Bentley Continental convertibles are available as of now,the fast GTC and the even faster GTC Speed.This hot GTSS will replace the GTC Speed later I think.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:42   #7
BHPian

The car looks stunning,but the alloy wheels doesn't suit the car.
They have given details of Soft-top only,what about hard top?
Old 17th February 2010, 22:10   #8
BHPian

i might get an infraction for saying this, but i dont find this as appealing as i thought it would. i like the regular GTC , but this.. i feel its overdone. the SS coupe is absolute drool inducing stuff, no denying that, but this one doesnt really tingle my senses.. ill have the regular GTC thank you..
Old 17th February 2010, 22:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sweet. Another awesome Bentley. I'm liking all this SuperSports stuff.
Old 17th February 2010, 23:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Nice find! I like this GT SS Convertible!
so is that your next ride?
Old 17th February 2010, 23:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Love it! I agree, a better set of wheels ought to suit the car more than these ones.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:08   #12
BHPian

except the vertical mesh like thing on the front bumper, i really really like this car.

looks super
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:34   #13
BHPian

Hello friends,

Just a small correction to the mother post by Sidindica, ofcourse with due respect, quote "and it is capable of running on both gasoline and E85 bioethanol or any combination of the two."

There is a technical discrepancy in the statement. E followed by XYZ (For example E 85) means maximum blend of Ethanol 85% & rest Gasoline, which comes out to be 15%, is acceptable) states for the maximum percent of Ethanol allowed/acceptable.

Hence if it is specified that vehicle can take E85 then it means you can not use more than 85% of Ethanol in the blended fuel being used to fill the tank. It will void the guarantee & may cause other troubles especially Ethanol being known to love water will cause troubles during firing & may result in some other technical issues. Honta cars in Indian have a E10 tag normally which means they can take maximum of 10% Ethanol & not more. I am not sure about the new development but this was what I last saw in Honda cars.

E stands for Ethanol
XY stands for number between 0 to 100. E5 means a blend of fuel having Ethanol 5% & rest gasoline. E100 means Ethanol 100% acceptable & will not void the guarantees.

If it is B XYZ than that B is for Biodiesel & rest of the things will stay same.

For those who are not aware, Ethanol may give an efficiency of 50-70 % (Standard number is 2/3 of energy in ethanol when compared with gasoline) when compared with same volume of Gasoline (Volume on volume basis). Ethanol is hygroscopic (Attracts water) & hence a blended fuel containing Ethanol will also contain some amount of water in it for sure.

It is a detailed subject but for the time being this much info will be sufficient.

Feel free to ask more queries related Bioethanol/Biodiesel & I will be glad to share the knowledge that is available to everyone on public domain.

Regards
Dharmesh
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:27   #14
Team-BHP Support

So this is for the polished brute, I see!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks