Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2005, 00:31   #1
BHPian

3 hours of car hunting bliss in Paris!

The following write-up is by bhpian Deeps:

As i lazily surfed team-bhp on the friday before last in school, i received a PM from our mod Rtech a.k.a Mr.Powerbox. Upon opening the PM attractively titled "SLR" , i found out that there was an SLR on display at the Champs Elysees in Paris and i was aked to go check it out. How could i miss the opportunity? Last time i had seen the SLR in flesh was among serious pushing and shoving at the Paris Auto Show 2004. As my only plan for the saturday consisted of only doing assignments, i thought i could spare an hour or so to go check out the SLR. So on saturday evening, Vinod and myself went to the Mercedes-Benz showroom at the Champs. And voila, there it was the beauty in Silver with only a few people inside the showroom and a dedicated security guard. This was as close as one could get to the SLR without actually touching it. Apparently, the model on display was already sold at a whopping 481,000 Euros. After taking some snaps of the car, our attention turned to the other less significant MBs such as the new M class and B class. After half an hour of admiring the cars and taking snaps, we decided to head home. But walking down to the metro stop, we encountered a white Maybach (57 i think) which desperately needed a trip to the car-wash. So we took out the cam and started to take pictures. Just as i got near the car to take a pic with the car, the blinkers started going off on the car. I turned around to see a woman in her 20s trying to unlock the car. No doubt she was the owner but why would she drive the Maybach herself? Later it turned out that there was indeed a driver for the car. After that we noticed a few Bentleys, Astons and numerous S classes and 7 classes. The write-up is getting a bit long now, so i'll just leave you to enjoy the pics. Some pics didn;t turn out too well 'cos it started getting cloudy and dark. Special thanks to Rtech 'cos i wasn't even aware that the SLR was in town.

Last edited by Rtech : 21st September 2005 at 11:42. Reason: Group photo's together.
Old 21st September 2005, 00:42   #2
BHPian

More pics:

Last edited by Rtech : 21st September 2005 at 11:43.
Old 21st September 2005, 00:54   #3
BHPian

Some more:

Last edited by Rtech : 21st September 2005 at 11:45.
Old 21st September 2005, 02:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

dude i have no words !!!

amazing pics i saved each and every one of them.how in the world did you get so lucky ??

Rev
Old 21st September 2005, 06:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
dude i have no words !!!

amazing pics i saved each and every one of them.how in the world did you get so lucky ??

Rev

they are a common sight in paris......its even better in central lodon.
Old 21st September 2005, 10:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Man, ur one lucky guy. all i have to say is, Enjoy ur car hunting
Old 21st September 2005, 11:17   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

WoW thats a lot of supercars for one day to handle
Don't they sell the SLR in any other color? All the ones I have seen in pics have been silver, quite frankly its getting boring now it looks too similar to the SL500 from the front cause of the similar headlamps the two cars share.
White is definatly not the best color for the Maybach and this 57 version just doesnt have the charm of the 62 Maybach, the longwheel base has soooooo much more presence.I guess the Phatom is a better option than the smaller Maybach.
You mentioned that there was B-class in the showroom as well, any pics of that ?

Last edited by Sahil : 21st September 2005 at 11:19.
Old 21st September 2005, 11:50   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey Deep, good to see you caught the SLR before it was carted away. Sure is striking when you see in the the flesh. And the new M class looks a lot bigger than the outgoing model.

I saw that same white maybach parked there. Ugly as hell if you ask me. Also caught a glimpse of these...

Some more of the SLR

From the Peugeot display:
Old 21st September 2005, 13:35   #9
BHPian

Wow man Vinod..

Gr8 Cars
Old 21st September 2005, 19:42   #10
BHPian

Really neat pics bro, but just wish that you had a better off camera so that we all could have enjoyed the pics.......
Old 21st September 2005, 21:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey, rtech, seen the orange Lambo quite a few times. How did you get the pics of the SLR?
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, the B class didn;t look special so we didn;t bother clicking pics of it as the battery for the cam was running low as well. I have seen black coloured SLR but not on the road though.
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:10   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
hey, rtech, seen the orange Lambo quite a few times. How did you get the pics of the SLR?
Did you notice the Lambo has UAE number plates!

And pics of the SLR were taken from my phone. Turned out better than the pics taken by my actual digicam!! Strange thing was I didn't intend on going into the display, but I said what the heck...boy am I glad I did!
Old 23rd September 2005, 18:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Damn it man! when were you in Paris? Why didn';t u tell me you were coming?

Yeh, the Lambo is Qatar registered according to my arab friend. The white bentley was also registered somewhere in the middle-east.
Old 23rd September 2005, 19:11   #15
Team-BHP Support

Sorry bro, was a quick splash-n-dash. Will give you advance warning next time for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks