Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2005, 18:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bentley Continental GTC

Bentley Motors is proud to announce the introduction of the Continental GTC-The new luuxury 2+2 convertible completes the Bentley model range following the introduction of the highly succcessful Continetal GT in 2003 and the four-door Continetal Flying Spur earlier this year. The new Continetal GTC goes on sale in late 2006.

In common with its stable mates, the interior of the new Contientla GTC provides an unrivalled standard of craftmanship, utilising natural wood veneers and leather hides of the finest quality.

While sharing the familiar face of the Contiental family, the design personality of the new Continetal GTC is distinctive and unique, as Bentley´s design director Dirk van Braeckel expalins: "With the Continetal GTC we set out to achieve a style that is both contemporary and elegant but with the sporting stance of a true performance car. We also wanted toensure that the Continetal GTC looks just as beatiful with the roof up as it does when it´s down."

"In keeping with the Bentley tradition, the new Continetal GTC has a sort of fabric roof and heated glass rear screen. When stowed below its leather hide-covered tonneau, efficient packaging ensures an excellent space for both rear pasengers and their luggage." (company press release)

Pics at:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d..._detail?skip=0

6-liters W12 engine
560 bhp
650 Nm
6-speed automatic
304 km/h

Source:
www.supercars.net
www.auto-motor-und-sport.de

Last edited by Stratos : 26th September 2005 at 18:25.
Old 26th September 2005, 20:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

What can I say, looks perfect. Along with the F430 Spyder, its the most desirable convertible in the market.
Old 27th September 2005, 05:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

where can I place my order along with the F430 coupe JK...

It beautiful, F430 for the days when I want to be sporty and have a roof on top and GTC for those nice sunny days where I want luxury and when I want to go on the track, probably the Z06 ahh...only if this could happen..
Old 27th September 2005, 07:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Z06 for Road America circuit, Ariel Atom 2 for Silverstone
Old 27th September 2005, 09:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Z06 for Road America circuit, Ariel Atom 2 for Silverstone
But why would you say that?
Old 27th September 2005, 14:35   #6
BHPian

Just curious to know if Ferrari would object to the addition of GTC to the new Bentley car name ..... because even the new Ferrari 575 has a GTC attached to its name.

Somehow i wasnt really happy reading about this car ..... it would have been better if Bentley wold have made a convertible of the original 2 seater Continental GT.
Also, i wonder if the car would be stable at the said top speeds or even close to it. It definately wouldnt be a pleasant experience doing 300Kph+ with the roof down!
Old 27th September 2005, 14:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Just curious to know if Ferrari would object to the addition of GTC to the new Bentley car name ..... because even the new Ferrari 575 has a GTC attached to its name.

Somehow i wasnt really happy reading about this car ..... it would have been better if Bentley wold have made a convertible of the original 2 seater Continental GT.
Also, i wonder if the car would be stable at the said top speeds or even close to it. It definately wouldnt be a pleasant experience doing 300Kph+ with the roof down!
I've done 230kmph in my E320 Cabrio on our expressway, and car was Rock steady. So with GTC 300 is possible!! only Nerves are reqd !!
Old 27th September 2005, 18:53   #8
BHPian

^^ No doubt Sir that the Continental GTC will do 300kph and go even beyond that even with the roof down, you have kind of cleared the doubt about stability, but with the roof down i still wonder whether it will feel as good as doing 300kph+ in a coupe. Also, a speed junkie who wants to do those speeds on a regular basis whould still buy the Continental GT IMO.

Anyways i believe that now this ones gonna be the ultimate 'gangsta car' outside india and we are going to see it in every hip-hop & rap video, the car blinged to the maximum . So friends and countrymen say hello to the newest Bling Machine!

Cheers!

P

Most Viewed