Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 01:08   #61
Team-BHP Support

Great pictures!

I'm not a fan of modern Ferraris, but the California and the 599 GTO look fantastic! I do not like the 612 Scaglietti at all though. I'd rather get a Maserati Quattroporte instead. Now this black California desperately needs these wheels:

Ferrari Pre-PDI and Post PDI.-ferraricaliforniabynovitecrosso92.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Does anyone else think that the interior's of the California seem a bit Zonda-ish?
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
How does that feel different from other Ferraris. More civilized or same as other ones?
On California where's the VIN located?

Yes

If that's too much yellow then what would you say about this
I would need Real dark Sunglasses just to get IN to the car. Is that a California? Maybe they really want to drive in that message about it being the Sunshine State! Or is that Florida? Man! that colour dazzled my brain!

Take a gander at those Pics of the Fuel Filler lid. Is it just me or is there some grey thingummy in that panel gap on the lower par of that boot lid? A part of the design perhaps.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2012 at 05:03. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 09:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari Pre-PDI and Post PDI.

Absolute drool stuff!!! Loved the California Hasnt our GTO seen this thread for the PDI of the literal GTO

One question though, what does the LAUNCH button do exactly?
Old 4th January 2012, 10:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

As you are from Ferrari KSA, is there any chance you have access to Dhiaa Al-Essa's garage? IIRC he owns some Fezzas too, like 599 GTO, 458 Italia (burned down to crisp) 430 Scuderia 16M, 599 GTB and F430 etc.

It'd be great to have a thread on his garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Absolute drool stuff!!! Loved the California Hasnt our GTO seen this thread for the PDI of the literal GTO

One question though, what does the LAUNCH button do exactly?
Quite simple, it activates the 'Launch Control' which enables the car to pull off the fastest possible launch, mostly used in drag-like races, or in some cases, at traffic lights for grabbing attention.

OT: I think GTO's handle is inspired by the 288 GTO. The 599 IMHO does no justice and does not even deserve to adorn the GTO badge. In Jezza's words, "Calling this car GTO is like naming your baby boy, Jesus"

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th January 2012 at 10:20.
Old 4th January 2012, 13:16   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
OT: I think GTO's handle is inspired by the 288 GTO. The 599 IMHO does no justice and does not even deserve to adorn the GTO badge. In Jezza's words, "Calling this car GTO is like naming your baby boy, Jesus"
The 288 GTO might be a classic, but there are several other cars that carry that badge, that evoke heritage a whole lot more. Ferrari's own 250 GTO, and the Pontiac GTO are both cars with loads of heritage.

The word GTO itself is associated with automotive-sporting. Gran Turismo Omologato is the full form of the abbreviation, which is Italian for 'Grand Touring Homologated'.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 4th January 2012, 13:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The 288 GTO might be a classic, but there are several other cars that carry that badge, that evoke heritage a whole lot more. Ferrari's own 250 GTO, and the Pontiac GTO are both cars with loads of heritage.

The word GTO itself is associated with automotive-sporting. Gran Turismo Omologato is the full form of the abbreviation, which is Italian for 'Grand Touring Homologated'.
I said 288 GTO cos I remember Rush himself mentioning this somewhere.

I, personally am a big fan of the 250 GTO. You know, myself being a Lambo-man, loving a Fezza is betraying my love, but in this case, I just cant resist
Old 4th January 2012, 14:55   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I said 288 GTO cos I remember Rush himself mentioning this somewhere.

I, personally am a big fan of the 250 GTO. You know, myself being a Lambo-man, loving a Fezza is betraying my love, but in this case, I just cant resist
True.

The 288 GTO is quite iconic in its own right. One of the few, of the handful of Ferraris, with turbocharged engines.

Honestly, there is no 'betraying' mate. You like it, you love it.

I'm a huge Porsche fan, but I love Ferraris, lamborghinis.. I'm a car guy. As simple as that.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th January 2012 at 14:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks