Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 15:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW finally put some charecter into the X3 | Revealing Spy Shots | 2011 BMW X3 |

2011 BMW X3 spied in Munich | Car Spy Photos

New spyshots from the streets of Munich show the upcoming BMW X3 in very light disguise making us believe its getting ready for the Paris Car Show, if not earlier. On these photos we can clearly see the front end and a lot of other details due to the lack of camouflage. Size seems slightly larger than the current X3 making it slot in perfectly between the smaller X1 and the bigger X5. The X3 will be powered by a 3.0 liter six cylinder petrol engine with turbo as well as one without turbo and diesel engines in a wide range.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW finally put some charecter into the X3 | Revealing Spy Shots | 2011 BMW X3 |-2011bmwx3.jpg  

BMW finally put some charecter into the X3 | Revealing Spy Shots | 2011 BMW X3 |-bmwx32011.jpg  

BMW finally put some charecter into the X3 | Revealing Spy Shots | 2011 BMW X3 |-2011bmwx3.jpg  

BMW finally put some charecter into the X3 | Revealing Spy Shots | 2011 BMW X3 |-newbmwx3.jpg  

BMW finally put some charecter into the X3 | Revealing Spy Shots | 2011 BMW X3 |-bmwx3spy.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 17:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

I feel this is totally need for the x3 to step up because at the moment the Q5 is ruling the roost. Hope the come up witht a great diesel engine to match the 3.0 tdi in the q5. they should try to plant the 335diesel engine in it ,Though I really doubt that.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Bmw designers have to be the most laziest in the industry.They dont have to do much work,just borrow designs from the rest of the stable.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Bmw designers have to be the most laziest in the industry.They dont have to do much work,just borrow designs from the rest of the stable.
Agreed. Ironically, these guys didn't pen it too. They are just modifying what Chris Bangle left. Badly miss Bangle ! He was one guy who had the nerve to experiment with lines.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I feel this is totally need for the x3 to step up because at the moment the Q5 is ruling the roost. Hope the come up witht a great diesel engine to match the 3.0 tdi in the q5. they should try to plant the 335diesel engine in it ,Though I really doubt that.

I beg to differ. Here in Delhi/NCR there is hardly a Q5 or an X3, you see on the road, because nobody wants a petrol Q5 or X3 & the diesel Q5 is way too expensive. With no diesel options on the X3..I feel the X1 should set the charts on fire when it is launched...

I think once the Tiguan makes its entry the mid size diesel SUV's will have a field day. The XC60, VW Tiguan, Grand Vitara, Honda CRV, the all new Pajero, there are quite a few contenders, why they are taking forever to launch is a question I have not been able to answer

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 8th April 2010 at 21:17.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:26   #6
BANNED

Another contender in this bracket around the corner is Mercedes GLK. Have seen some abroad and they look good. Relatively small when seen abroad, but should be just right for India.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I beg to differ. Here in Delhi/NCR there is hardly a Q5 or an X3, you see on the road, because nobody wants a petrol Q5 or X3 & the diesel Q5 is way too expensive. With no diesel options on the X3..I feel the X1 should set the charts on fire when it is launched...

I think once the Tiguan makes its entry the mid size diesel SUV's will have a field day. The XC60, VW Tiguan, Grand Vitara, Honda CRV, the all new Pajero, there are quite a few contenders, why they are taking forever to launch is a question I have not been able to answer

Cheers
Who said no diesels on offer in the X3 ? It shares the 2L(X Drive 20) mill from the 320d. But the new X3 reportedly gets a 3L mill.

And in my hometown and state, the X3 outsells Q5 by a very large margin. The number of Q5 in here is only a handful while the X3 is out there in lots. Even the X5 outsells Q5 in here.

Last edited by Scorcher : 8th April 2010 at 21:50.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Who said no diesels on offer in the X3 ? It shares the 2L(X Drive 20) mill from the 320d. But the new X3 reportedly gets a 3L mill.

And in my hometown and state, the X3 outsells Q5 by a very large margin. The number of Q5 in here is only a handful while the X3 is out there in lots. Even the X5 outsells Q5 in here.

Thanks for correcting me.

The last time I ever looked at the X3 it was available in petrol only. Not being a great fan of the X3, never really bothered about it after that, hence the lack of updated information.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks