Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 15:53   #1
BHPian

Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)

this is the new corolla launched in europe.and it comes with 1.4 and a 2 litre diesel.3rd photo is comparison between old and the new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-3309147.jpeg  

Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-3309149.jpeg  

Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-3309151.jpeg  

Old 26th April 2010, 15:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
this is the new corolla launched in europe.and it comes with 1.4 and a 2 litre diesel.3rd photo is comparison between old and the new one.
I dont think this is the new Corolla but it is just a slightly touched-up (facelift) version of the Altis currently available. Has it already been 3 years since the Altis was launched in India?

As far as my knowledge goes about the Honda and Toyota product lifecycles, they launch a face-lift after 3 years of launch and a completely new design every 5 years for any particular model.

I learnt this when I used to service Honda as a client in Malaysia. I am in Market research btw and dont own a service center
Old 26th April 2010, 16:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

A very minor facelift. I do not think Toyota in India will implement this facelift soon.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:00   #4
BHPian

Looks more like a mid-life excitement than a complete make-over.
And considering Toyota's pace in India, well I'd say, we can wake up to it some time next year.
For now, we can just get back to sleeping again zzz:
Old 26th April 2010, 17:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

More than this facelift, what Toyota needs to do in India is to launch the Altis diesel. Toyota should know that most Indians are crazy about diesels (economy)
Old 26th April 2010, 17:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an anniversary special edition to me
Old 26th April 2010, 23:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted Altis

Yes im sure this will come to India, but not as yet. Toyota is a smart company and purely from a marketing point of view they will wait till the all new honda civic is launched in 2011. It makes sense for them as the Civic will hog all the limelight and a facelifted corolla altis will help them keep there car new. Right now with the older civic around they really dont have much competition, and sales are more than adequate. The Altis actually came to India well over a year after its global launch.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

The COROLLA is becoming more and more like the CAMRY. Though the CAMRY looks good, its not a winner, and the COROLLA was able to take the fight to the CIVIC and beat it comprehensively
Old 27th April 2010, 11:13   #9
BHPian

The Altis was launched in the second half of 2008. It was due for a facelift abroad and Toyota might bring it sometime in ther later half of 2010. The front moves towards the Camry whiel the rear to me looks rather odd.
Old 27th April 2010, 11:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
The Altis was launched in the second half of 2008. It was due for a facelift abroad and Toyota might bring it sometime in ther later half of 2010. The front moves towards the Camry whiel the rear to me looks rather odd.
Agreed, that the updated Corolla Altis is due.
But, I believe that they will wait for new Civic before the launch, as has been mentioned earlier..
Old 27th April 2010, 14:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Will they retain the 3 spoke steering or will it be the 4 spoke in Innova / altis.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:04   #12
BHPian

the new Altis is definately smarter and they could introduce it with the 1.4 diesel-sure shot success.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
what Toyota needs to do in India is to launch the Altis diesel. Toyota should know that most Indians are crazy about diesels (economy)
Nandi Toyota chaps were mentioning about diesel (1.4L) corolla launch by June-July. Maybe this face-lift + diesel version will come together - just guessing.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

1) Altis is doing well at the moment. Not even the Cruze with diesel power is able to dethrone this car. Sales are really good for this car considering the price.

This facelift will only come when there is some stiff competition from others, notable Civic.

2) Altis diesel. During our recent visit to Toyota dealer, the sales person told me that Altis diesel will be launched end-2010. The car will have 1.6 diesel engine with really good FE.

I am not sure about this news.

3) Considering a five year life cycle for Corolla, the current Altis was launched in 2006 in international markets IIRC. Is it not time for a new Corolla in 2011 ?
Old 27th April 2010, 18:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

The facelift definitely looks better. But I couldnt help notice that the dash and the speedometer of 'old' altis is different than the ones we have.

Also, I hope that they make a more 'excitable' dash for the new Corolla (2012 bound?). Cruze has increased the bar for it and hope that Toyota follows it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks