Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2005, 19:40   #1
BHPian

Inernational Mileage Winners!

hey all,
the annual ranking for the most fuel efficient cars have come out...check out the link...
http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/12/Auto...fficient_cars/

no guesses....hinda is the winner followed by toyota.....60 miles to a gallon....now that rocks...!
Old 13th October 2005, 21:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would say the real winners were the VW range of diesels. The hybrids are not practical as of yet. The Golf and Jetta are proper cars that can be used for day to-day activities like any normal car. Now if only every gas station in North America stocks diesel the only minor irritant of owning a diesel car in this part of the world would be taken care of.
Old 13th October 2005, 22:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hybrids are just as practical as diesels and know couple guys with Priuses. Diesel advantage is mainly in highway with manual trans whereas Hybrids shine in city mode as well in stop and go driving.
Old 13th October 2005, 23:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Insight is a 2 seater as of now. Thats why it's not practical. As for Prius, I have driven it. Felt nice on the city roads but on the highway the engine groaned, felt like I had a washing machine under the hood. Sure you can buy the 255hp Accord Hybrid but for the price you can get a luxury car.
Old 14th October 2005, 00:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Comparing Hybrids with Non-hybrids is like comparing apple to orange. So for me, top honour undisputedly goes to VW machines.
Old 14th October 2005, 00:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Comparing Hybrids with Non-hybrids is like comparing apple to orange. So for me, top honour undisputedly goes to VW machines.
I, personally, would love to own a Beetle TDi Manual Transmission. Thats a fun car. I have driven the Beetle 2.0 Auto. Just being in that car had me . VW calls the Beetle it's most emotional car and I totally agree with them on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks