Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Awesome! Its a good car to look at and that is what counts. Come on guys, lets not belittle the effort of Hyundai in giving a good looking car. Well done Hyundai! bring it to India soon.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Initial pics reminds me of the Prius.

Really sexy. And the lines and curves are really great. I did mean the car.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Old 29th April 2010, 18:40   #19
BHPian

Wohla nice design. So hyundai does have few surprises in 2011 ehh. Hope they bring in these girls to India ASAP.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:43   #20
BHPian

wow! first the genesis and now this. what a great looking car!
Old 29th April 2010, 18:43   #21
BHPian

Amazing !!! Hyundai designs seem to be getting better and better, and their pricing also seems to be getting pricier and pricier.
Unquote
I would say amazing that Hyundai feels the need to be "inspired" by Honda to design cars.I would have expected the Chinese to do this but not a South Korean Company.The new car constantly remind one of the AN Honda City and the Civic. For a company which is doing quite well there seems to be a real dearth of car designing talent.Or a fascination for Honda!
I guess imitation is the best form of flattery!
Old 29th April 2010, 18:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

looks like the love child of a Prius, Civic and Jazz.
fancy stuff, should sell well in india.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:55   #23
BHPian

Nice looking car, but...

What's new with this car? The tyres are round, just like Ford Model-T, couldn't Hyundai come up with hexagonal tyres? No innovation. Copy copy copy.

This is the feeling which I got after reading a couple of comments. In India, nobody cares or complains if a 10L car from their favourite Jap manufacturer doesn't even offer Airbags (the great Toyota Altis 1.8J). But when it comes to Hyundai, they should offer everything and they should sell it at 5L also. If I can spent 10L, I will go for the brand, even if it doesn't offer me anything! I don't know when this market will get mature enough to accept the quality of a car, irrespective of it's manufacturer.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
This is the feeling which I got after reading a couple of comments. In India, nobody cares or complains if a 10L car from their favourite Jap manufacturer doesn't even offer Airbags (the great Toyota Altis 1.8J). But when it comes to Hyundai, they should offer everything and they should sell it at 5L also. If I can spent 10L, I will go for the brand, even if it doesn't offer me anything! I don't know when this market will get mature enough to accept the quality of a car, irrespective of it's manufacturer.
Well said. but you know, we are in INDIA

Anyway, Hyundai have already proved that they have reliable cars. But at same time, they should also break the small car company image. Only then can succeed in > 8L segments.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:20   #25
BHPian

The design is awesome. However a lot of Honda and Toyota traits can be seen
Old 29th April 2010, 19:22   #26
BHPian

wow people!while I understand Hyundai used to copy a car completely before i don't think its a case with this car.I really don't think this looks like a copy of a Honda city or civic , maybe the rear has a shade of influence from the cruze , by that logic even the Punto looks like its influenced by a maserati and the new mclaren looks like its influenced by the ferrari f430 and i can go on about many cars from famous brands which are influenced by other cars!Its really sad when people quickly brand it to be a copy of Hondas, particular city( it aint a angel, 3 series rear any one.? ) and civic !
Quote:
Nice looking car, but...

What's new with this car? The tyres are round, just like Ford Model-T, couldn't Hyundai come up with hexagonal tyres? No innovation. Copy copy copy.

+1 its really sad when we read such comments here, i mean what do people want ? for it to look like a lambo?(oh i forget they would start complaining again to be a copy!)

Last edited by amulu10 : 29th April 2010 at 19:26.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice looking car, but...

I see the point here. So to speak, the quality car manufacturers are facing massive recalls!! I would rather have a budget car that keeps me safe than a luxury vehicle that refuses to stop until i'm dead.

But yeh, Hyundai really needs to get original in the design department. A great styling job, how ever good, is not going to get brownie points if it reminds of 10 other models out there.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:51   #28
BHPian

Nice ! Just what the doctor ordered for Hyundai in India to move up scale.

Wish they retain the Avante name to make a fresh start & erase memories of the Elantra's poor sales.
A diesel engine and the Corolla, Cruze, Civic better run for cover !

The design makes the Cruze already look positively dated & the Corolla ancient !
Old 29th April 2010, 19:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Avante VS Corolla VS Civic VS cruze
Can anyone tell me from which angle is the new avante a copycat design?
In fact, I think that perhaps it is very original design that stands out, especially in front of that boring corolla.
Attached Thumbnails
Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-1.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-2.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-3.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-4.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-5.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-6.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-7.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-8.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-9.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-10.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-11.jpg  

Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed-12.jpg  

Old 29th April 2010, 20:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Every car in this world borrows designs cues from somewhere or the other.Jaguar blatantly copied the double headlamp look pioneered by mercedes,so it would be unfair that hyundai "copied" again.I consider this to be pretty original,especially the beltline and the rear.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks