Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 03:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late comment the design on the latest Sonata is on similar cues as on this one.
Old 17th November 2010, 08:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Why all manufacturers are moving out of low slung designs? First OHC, then Baleno, now Elantra (if it is the same thing which is gonna come to India).

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 17th November 2010 at 08:54.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:38   #78
BHPian

Re: Super Sexy all new 2011 Hyundai avante (elantra) revealed

I remember reading about this on some Indian car web-site. It sure is a stunner. However, I feel they may bring in the 1.6L engine initially and not the 1.8L (maybe I am wrong). Won't this cause a direct competition with its other sibling - The Verna?
Old 14th January 2011, 02:12   #79
BHPian

As long as we are talking about Avante. Have you guys seen the Avante's auto parking video on youtube. If not here it is you will love it
Old 17th January 2011, 06:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

@ sreejinair - That video is super-cool. Hyundai is seriously raising the bar for features offered with every new launch of theirs (not only in India but also in International markets) and this new Elantra (Avante) is no exception.
Old 17th January 2011, 13:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

It's really astonishing to see that a technology that 2yrs back existed only in the 1 crore rupees Lexus LS600h, is now available in a mere 10lakh rupees car! The automatic parallel parking is not a very difficult or expensive technology to incorporate also.

I am currently working on the same as my final year engg project. Here is how the thing works:

In fact my robo has the capability to first search for a free parking space, calculate if space is sufficient and then park into it and unpark if required.

Last edited by theragingbull : 17th January 2011 at 13:29.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:08   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Just can't believe it,think it's high time to bring my highly prejudiced mind into accepting Hyundai.
The feature only found in the Lexus LS, Merc CL and JDM luxo Toyotas is now in a compact car!!!!!
Next what? Radar based cruise control? or automatic air suspension.???
Old 17th January 2011, 14:33   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

copied or not, the korean major really knows how to share maximum value with its consumers. isnt it time that suzuki, honda and others woke up and smelt the coffee?
feature for feature and cost vs benefit the korean can comfortably leave its competition a fast receding dot in the rear view mirror!
Old 17th January 2011, 20:02   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
It's really astonishing to see that a technology that 2yrs back existed only in the 1 crore rupees Lexus LS600h, is now available in a mere 10lakh rupees car! The automatic parallel parking is not a very difficult or expensive technology to incorporate also.

I am currently working on the same as my final year engg project. Here is how the thing works:
<video removed from quoted text>

In fact my robo has the capability to first search for a free parking space, calculate if space is sufficient and then park into it and unpark if required.
This system is already available in skoda's all cars like octavia,superb,yeti models(outside india).

Last edited by Zappo : 18th January 2011 at 00:53. Reason: Its often better to leave out big pictures or videos out of the quoted posts.
Old 5th February 2011, 17:08   #85
BANNED

i am impressed. if the same car, with same features is launched in india, it will take the market by storm.
I still remember, after the launch of the civic in india, it was the most desirable car. this may be the next most desirable car in india. Any news about the launch?
Old 5th February 2011, 19:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

Good job all the best mate.

So the scoop pics from another thread showing the all new I45/Sonata had a car preceeding it with its tail lights same as the new elantra, so we are here to witness two new cars being launched at the same time!! interesting move by hyundai

Note from Team-BHP Support Staff : Please do not quote videos while replying to posts. It inconveniences our small-screen and low bandwidth users. Thanks.

We advise you to read our rules and regulations before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 5th February 2011 at 23:46. Reason: Video quoted.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:57   #87
Senior - BHPian

I, for one, would much appreciate Hyundai bothering to launch this one in India.

Being a believer in Hyundai (mind you, a believer, neither a staunch supporter nor a fanboy), I have always wondered why they make immensely capable cars and then style them so inconspicuously that no one would bother to take a second look. Of course, India is but a fraction of the global market, but I can't think of one market which wouldn't appreciate a good looker.

The first Sonata so be sold looked like a million bucks, although it was ostentatious and bling beyond the digestive systems of most. And it sold, and how. Not even legendary cars like the Accord and the Mondeo, piled with award after award, could do well against it. That was till the '04 Accord surfaced and took the game away.

Later came the incredibly boring and staid Elantra and Embera. While personally I liked both cars and know for a fact that they were exceedingly good modes of transport (and entertainment, in the case of the former), the looks just didn't catch on, and both flopped rather hard.

Now, all of a sudden, they've signed off the decade with some fabulous looking cars. But instead of working doubly hard to ensure a fast time-to-market in a market as explosive as the Indian industry (luxury segment perspective) they're dragging their feet and we still don't know whether the Elantra will be here or not.

Listen to me, Hyundai. You've finally got two very capable brand building tools for your Indian arm, and now is the time. Bring in a couple of clinically insane diesel engines, and get the Elantra / i45 out there as soon as you can. The Cruze / Captiva have shown what GM can do, in spite of being labeled cheap Korean cars by pessimists, and this is your chance to stomp your authority on a market you already have respect in, sub-10 lacs.

Looks aren't everything (the Altis is thrashing the Civic month after month after month, as is the Cruze) but it won't hurt to put a stunner out there and for heaven's sake, price it sensibly, or you might as well not bother.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th February 2011 at 11:00.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I, for one, would much appreciate Hyundai bothering to launch this one in India.

Now, all of a sudden, they've signed off the decade with some fabulous looking cars. But instead of working doubly hard to ensure a fast time-to-market in a market as explosive as the Indian industry (luxury segment perspective) they're dragging their feet and we still don't know whether the Elantra will be here or not.
Absolutely spot-on. The old Sonata though not very capable inside, just sold because of its looks. This new Elantra and i45/Sonata will surely blow the competition away if priced sensibly.

But, I think a lot of things are brewing in Hyundai's factory as we now have three potential gamechangers on their way to India (800cc (HA), New Verna (RB) and i45/Sonata). I think the Avante/Elantra will take a little longer to come to our shores.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

I loved the design Now that they are testing the i45, is there any possibility of them launching the Avante here?
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:36   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Consumer Watchdog Urges EPA to Re-Test Elantra 40 MPG Claim, Hold Hyundai to Account!

"As automakers make their annual pitch for holiday sales, Consumer Watchdog has asked the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to investigate Hyundai's high mileage claims for its popular Elantra model (29/40 MPG city/highway, 33 MPG average).
The Elantra has attracted an unusual number of consumer complaints about real-world MPG averaging in the mid-20s, far from Hyundai's stated average of 33, said Consumer Watchdog."

Consumer group cries foul on Hyundai's 40-mpg claim
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks