Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 23:45   #1
BHPian

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato

Hi friends. Would like to share something with you all…

It was like one and a half years ago, we were asked to take out the good old Alfa TZ2 pictures and brainstorm on restyling the car at our end. We of course BIG TIME AMEATURES were pleased with the task. I sat the whole day just taking print outs and pictures and sketches and everything available from the World Wide Web. And I concluded "how in hell can u restyle such a beautiful looking car. It’s impossible!"

Well as always i was blown apart from what Mr. Norihaka Harada had to offer with the latest TZ3 Corsa. and to tell you the truth i was so ashamed on how wrong I was. There we were scratching our heads, pulling up our pants, gobbling KFC burgers and talking about Monica Bellucci 'over the topic' and "they" were busy all the way making the new Alfa romeoZagato. I don’t believe it! How come the Italians never get bored of making beautiful cars again and again?

Anyway I will stop sobbing here and have the pictures do the talking:

The Zagato styled Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa won this years Villa D'Este's concept class and oh! Also wishing Mr Andrea Zagato a very happy 50th birthday.

The Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa by Zagato is not a design exercise, nor does it take inspiration from the 90 years of collaboration between Zagato and Alfa. The TZ3 Corsa race-car is basically a gift from Zagato to Alfa Romeo honoring 100 years of races and victories across the whole 20th century.
The TZ3 Corsa weighs in at only 1,870 pounds and is powered by a 4.2L dry sump V8 engine making 420-hp. Mated to a 6-speed sequential gearbox. the TZ3 Corsa goes from 0-62 mph in less than 3.5 seconds with a top speed of more than 185 mph.

Think of it as a Alfa Romeo 8C with racing roots and history brought altogether.
Attached Thumbnails
The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-img03.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz00.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz20.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz40.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz60.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz10.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz10000.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 00:08   #2
BHPian

I'll say this, if there's one thing the Italians know, it's designing things.
Old 6th May 2010, 01:57   #3
BHPian

Incredible.

I am hoping that Fiat brings Alfas over to the US with their acquisition of Chrysler. I'll be trading in one of my cars to get my hands on one, maybe the Brera or the Spyder. If only I could afford the 8C Spyder.
Old 6th May 2010, 04:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good effort but still doesn't match up to the original TZ2 in terms of purity of design.

Basically he has softened all the features of the original most noticably the windsheild rake.

My fav old Alfa is the 60s Guila.
MITO is till my favourite new Alfa. Was that by Zagato or Centro Stile?
Old 6th May 2010, 09:27   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Intrinsically a beautiful car -this new Alfa TZ 3 Corsa.
They seem to be keenly trying to get right back to pure sports car design - inspired by the classical era of the late 50's and 60's.

But I agree with Mpower - I love the classical purity of the old TZ 1, TZ 2, TZ3 etc.

Indeed I was lucky to get little 1:43 Scale models of some of these classics and I absolutely treasure those!
Attached Thumbnails
The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-1964alfaromeotz1.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-alfa20romeo20tz2.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-tz3.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 11:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Good effort but still doesn't match up to the original TZ2 in terms of purity of design.

Basically he has softened all the features of the original most noticably the windsheild rake.

My fav old Alfa is the 60s Guila.
MITO is till my favourite new Alfa. Was that by Zagato or Centro Stile?
with you on that one..the TZ2 is an absolute stunning car infact the TZ stands for Tubolare Zagato.
Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ was also by Zagato where SZ stood for Sprint Zagato.
Regarding the mito we did get a brief on the car as how the car was gonna be designed in Milan and manufactured in Turino (hence 'MiTo') it was by alfa romeo themselves,but cant deny the fact that Zagato has something to offer on that too in the future (oops! i dont want to spill out a lot.)

Last edited by konjaril : 6th May 2010 at 11:42.
Old 6th May 2010, 23:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
They seem to be keenly trying to get right back to pure sports car design - inspired by the classical era of the late 50's and 60's.
Yes,its the lovely 8C that started it all,and since then there's no looking back.The new MiTo and Giulietta continue that trend.They are bringing those curves back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Spot on! It lacks the compact and purposeful stance of the TZ1 or the TZ2,and feels too wide.The new one's more rounded and well,has too many 8C design influences,apart from the obvious TZ1/TZ2 inspiration. Can't shake off the 8C effect eh,Alfa? That's good,in a way!
Old 7th May 2010, 00:11   #8
BHPian

From front it looks gorgeous but I am not too sure about the rear.
Somehow the rear/side profile reminds me of Breadvan rather than TZ2.

However another Alfa Romeo caught my attention at Villa d'Este -

Source - http://www.gummen.org/tmp/villadeste2010.html
Attached Thumbnails
The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-1600_1.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-1600.jpg  

The new Alfa Romeo TZ3 corsa by zagato-1600_.jpg  

Last edited by ir458 : 7th May 2010 at 00:17.
Old 7th May 2010, 01:34   #9
BHPian

Oh no!! They just made a car's rear resemble that of a baboon's
I didn't like this part of the car at all. The rest of the car to me is OK, but not extremely appealing.
An Alfa that'd amaze me will always be a Spider, irrespective of the generation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks