Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:37   #1
BHPian

Indian designer comes up with "KamaSutra" for Renault

From : Two Motorbikes Fuse Into An Awesome Sports Car - Auto Motto

Indian designer Ramesh Gound has something very big in his mind when he designed this vehicle. Well, two motorbikes make this fantastic sports car when jointed at the center and when separated, they function independently. Inspiration for the design came from the big Indian mentality of ‘buy one get one free’. The concept caters well to the people with a fancy for the sports car. Its hood is made of D3O that stows away in the bike configuration when not attached. Sponsored by Renault Design India and developed at the National Institute of Design at Ahmadabad, two drive-by-wire-bikes give immense pleasure to the people on the long drives whereas separately they can commute the owners easily in congested cities like Mumbai or Delhi.

Gound is currently enjoying an internship at the Pininfarina design firm in Italy, known for its work for brands like Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, and Volvo. Asked to define "luxury" in the contemporary Indian sense, Gound simply took a renowned export of his home country—the Kamasutra—and applied it to vehicle design. Said the Indian: "After studying Kamasutra, I realised its essence and my theme emerged — two objects coming together and moving in one direction with a force of passion."
Attached Thumbnails
Indian designer comes up with "KamaSutra"  for Renault-twomotorbikesmakesportscar_zdsxi_3868.jpg  

Indian designer comes up with "KamaSutra"  for Renault-twomotorbikesmakesportscar4_g2bew_3868.jpg  

Indian designer comes up with "KamaSutra"  for Renault-twomotorbikesmakesportscar2_wyflk_3868.jpg  

Indian designer comes up with "KamaSutra"  for Renault-twomotorbikesmakesportscar1_tf8vz_3868.jpg  

Indian designer comes up with "KamaSutra"  for Renault-kamasutracarmotorcyclecombolc24830413.jpg  

josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:59   #2
BHPian

Very interesting logic, I must say, but this will sure not be economically vaiable nor practically vaiable, but credit should be given to the designer for atleast thinking out of the box.
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a concept car & should've designed by some Indian working abroad. Appreciate the idea. But the background on the first pic looks like images from computer & not real. Is this for real?

Last edited by aargee : 22nd May 2010 at 09:28.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting topic indeed. Fascinates me as to how the designer has put so much thought into it.
I say the idea and the concept behind is brilliant.So many characters in one package.
And the way the designer puts logic to his creation is awesome.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 22nd May 2010 at 16:12.
Old 27th June 2010, 13:16   #5
BHPian

Didn't the magazine Overdrive have an automotive design (styling) contest? I don't know if they still do but I am sure that in some such competition, an Indian had given a concept like this where two motorbikes merged into one. If my memory serves me right, it was for a contest by Overdrive, probably 5-6 years back or even more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks