Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 13:37   #136
BHPian

One of the dream of American car maker is to acheive european car's handling and whatever they make they say it can beat european handling but not yet.
this is one big issue about American car product as i know
Old 16th November 2007, 14:30   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as i said could you show me some proof to saying the cars like ssc shleby stang etc have weak chassis and as you would know they are heavy than your average cars.
I never said that, you only said that didnot you by saying the SSC was on 70% throttle. That means either the throttle was stuck or well the driver did not have the guts to take it mroe then that because the chassis didnot support.

Veyron can be driven by anyone who has a driving license, you dont need extra skills and still you can manage. Any given strech the Veyron will be able to do 400kmph, the SSC needs favourable wind direction. We all know how long it took SSC to break the record day after day till wind direction was proper, in the Veyron you dont need all that wind, every single time the Veyron will do 400.

That means the SSC beats the Veyron on select days. BTW the SSC seems to be a copy, paste stick job of the CCX and it doesnot look appealing at all.
Old 16th November 2007, 14:45   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I never said that, you only said that didnot you by saying the SSC was on 70% throttle. That means either the throttle was stuck or well the driver did not have the guts to take it mroe then that because the chassis didnot support.
the ssc didn't have a place to test so they were given a stretch of road to test the car to the top speed they had to use only 70 % because they had run out of road the road alloted was a 2 mile road where as the veyron had a 8 mile road of the vw test circuit.

as you said in a couple of your earlier post claiming that the ssc would break down the chassis cant ahndle the power and what not so all i ask is proof to back this claim of yours

Quote:
driver did not have the guts to take it mroe then that because the chassis didnot support.
Quote:
its just a case of putting a monstrous engine in a poor chassis & thats where american cars are terrible
Quote:
simply because at speeds over 350kmph, the American cars feel like they are going to break apart.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

What ever it maybe, when it comes to brakes, handling and stibility the SSC doesnot hold a candle to the Veyron and thats enough to say the chassis aint the most capable of the SSC and what the heck does SSC do, is just copy the CCX design, common cant they have their own.

When to comes to fast the SSC might be there at the top but in the top 10 supercars, the SSC wont be listed.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:25   #140
BHPian

Quote:
What ever it maybe, when it comes to brakes, handling and stibility the SSC doesnot hold a candle to the Veyron and thats enough to say the chassis aint the most capable of the SSC and what the heck does SSC do, is just copy the CCX design, common cant they have their own.
why??

you have gone through to about 4-5 posts saying the same thing that the chassis isnt good, brakes isn't good the car isn't good when compared to the veyron and all i am is asking is some thing that proves that the stuff you have posted is true.some proof to back up your claims.

Last edited by pawan : 16th November 2007 at 15:31.
Old 16th November 2007, 20:15   #141
BHPian

Something to cheer for us. The Swaraj Paul owned Caparo group's Caparo T1 has done the fastest lap in the topgear test track. Remember they haven't driven Veyron in the track yet.
Caparo was faster by some 6 seconds than the existing number one CCX.
0-100 takes 2.5 sec like Veyron. Top speed is not going to be in Veyron's league, so this could be the quickest car, not fastest

Here is the news on this from Economic Times.
Old 16th November 2007, 23:46   #142
BHPian

Quote:

When to comes to fast the SSC might be there at the top but in the top 10 supercars, the SSC wont be listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
why??

you have gone through to about 4-5 posts saying the same thing that the chassis isnt good, brakes isn't good the car isn't good when compared to the veyron and all i am is asking is some thing that proves that the stuff you have posted is true.some proof to back up your claims.
I guess untill someone writes in a TD report here on tbhp we might as well leave the debate to rest.
Old 17th November 2007, 00:11   #143
Senior - BHPian

ANTI AMERICAN BUSA. Your posting like you own a veryon. The veryon will do this and do that and the ssc is no good.

Well let me see...hmmm the AERO SSC is the baby brother to the MIGHTY Thrust SSC. then Ask your silly little veryon come even close to the SPEED the thrust SSC does. I doubt that even remotely possible for a small little car like the veryon.

Last edited by danlalan : 17th November 2007 at 00:13.
Old 17th November 2007, 10:50   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
ANTI AMERICAN BUSA. Your posting like you own a veryon. The veryon will do this and do that and the ssc is no good.

Well let me see...hmmm the AERO SSC is the baby brother to the MIGHTY Thrust SSC. then Ask your silly little veryon come even close to the SPEED the thrust SSC does. I doubt that even remotely possible for a small little car like the veryon.
\
Come on !! That is silly !!

The thrust SSC isnt even a car per se.

And the Aero SSC has nothing to do with the Thrust SSC.

Thrust SSC stands for SuperSonic Car.

Aero SSC stands for Shelby Sports Car.
And I agree with Busa here. I have never driven an American car to compare with European cars but from everything I have read they are good at going only in a straight line.

Only the Corvette Z06 was decent enough during cornering.

Maybe American cars have a charm (I dont like them personally. I prefer good handling cars from the European and even the Japanese), but they are known to be terrible handlers.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 17th November 2007 at 10:52.
Old 17th November 2007, 11:04   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
\
Come on !! That is silly !! Only the Corvette Z06 was decent enough during cornering.

Maybe American cars have a charm (I dont like them personally. I prefer good handling cars from the European and even the Japanese), but they are known to be terrible handlers.
only very few of the older cars like the mustang and camaro very not good with handling.
but car like the older vette c3 c4 very supposedly very good with their handling and this has been improving.

when the saleen s7 was launched about first 7-10 cars were all bought by racing teams and 19 out of 25 races all ended with podium finishes same to be said about the vette.
Old 17th November 2007, 11:43   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
only very few of the older cars like the mustang and camaro very not good with handling.
but car like the older vette c3 c4 very supposedly very good with their handling and this has been improving.

when the saleen s7 was launched about first 7-10 cars were all bought by racing teams and 19 out of 25 races all ended with podium finishes same to be said about the vette.
werent they racing with other American cars ?

Have never seen an American car dominate European races (DTM, etc..).

Only the Ford GT 40 (in the 60s) and the Corvettes in their class the past 2 seasons racing agains the Astons.
Old 17th November 2007, 11:59   #147
BHPian

the saleens race at lemans not sure about the other cars.
Old 17th November 2007, 15:11   #148
BHPian

Official List / Sorted

Here you go boys..

SUPERCARS.NET - Comprehensive Specifications, Galleries & Forums since 1996

Cheers..
Old 17th November 2007, 16:00   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
werent they racing with other American cars ?

Have never seen an American car dominate European races (DTM, etc..).

Only the Ford GT 40 (in the 60s) and the Corvettes in their class the past 2 seasons racing agains the Astons.
Ah, you forget Carrol Shelby, and his Cobras. The Cobra-Ferrari wars are some of the most well-documented race battles. Cobras were dominant at one point of time, and completely dominated once Ferrari withdrew their GTO's from American racing. The daytona coupe version of the Cobra raced fairly a lot in Europe.

And guys, please dont start this 'SSC sucks/rules' argument again. The Veyron and the SSC had completely different philosophies when they were made, and probably hugely varying budgets. There is no point comparing them. Its like comparing the DB9 to an F430.
Old 17th November 2007, 17:27   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the saleens race at lemans not sure about the other cars.
hmm....have they even won in their own class at any time ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
Ah, you forget Carrol Shelby, and his Cobras. The Cobra-Ferrari wars are some of the most well-documented race battles. Cobras were dominant at one point of time, and completely dominated once Ferrari withdrew their GTO's from American racing. The daytona coupe version of the Cobra raced fairly a lot in Europe.

And guys, please dont start this 'SSC sucks/rules' argument again. The Veyron and the SSC had completely different philosophies when they were made, and probably hugely varying budgets. There is no point comparing them. Its like comparing the DB9 to an F430.
'

I am not saying SSC sucks or anything. Making a car which does 250+ mph is an incredible achievement in itself.

I just feel that a Veyron is better car overall than the Aero SSC. And that European cars handle much better than American cars.

Of course, on the price front, American cars might claw their way back. But in the end, you are paying less only because it isnt as good a car as a Ferrari/Lambo/Pagani/Porsche.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks