Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 20:14   #151
BHPian

do we currently have any american car manufacturer in F1 ?

why dont supercars like SSC n others like Bugatti make cars for F1 to prove.

Last edited by FERRO : 17th November 2007 at 20:18.
Old 17th November 2007, 20:21   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
hmm....have they even won in their own class at any time ?
yes they have a couple of podium finish in american and european le mans.

Quote:
nope
Old 17th November 2007, 22:06   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
yes they have a couple of podium finish in american and european le mans.
Is that all ? .......
Old 17th November 2007, 23:31   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
F1 is not only about driving in straight line and hence American cars are not there in it. Look at Nascar, its the funniest sport in the world, going circles with not much to do with handling :rl
Old 18th November 2007, 02:21   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
F1 is not only about driving in straight line and hence American cars are not there in it. Look at Nascar, its the funniest sport in the world, going circles with not much to do with handling :rl

My god you have to be kidding to be comparing F1 with Nascar. Why do you claim nascar to be the funniest sport in the world???? any logical reasons???
I understand if you compare f1 with indycar or champ car for that matter.
Get a grip on yourself dude.

Last edited by danlalan : 18th November 2007 at 02:22.
Old 18th November 2007, 02:24   #156
Senior - BHPian

This isnt really funny now its becoming more of an AMERICA vs the rest of the world thread than anything else.

THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD???

AMERICA'S---->> THRUST SSC.

Can the rest of the world do anything about it????

Not for now atleast.
Old 18th November 2007, 10:32   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
This isnt really funny now its becoming more of an AMERICA vs the rest of the world thread than anything else.

THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD???

AMERICA'S---->> THRUST SSC.

Can the rest of the world do anything about it????

Not for now atleast.
You mean the AERO SSC . hehe...

Anyway, no doubt that the AERO SSC is the fastest car in the world. No one is disputing that
Old 18th November 2007, 11:24   #158
BHPian

"Which is the fastest car in the world????" - Don't you think the whole concept is extremely vague??

Kindly define fast so you don't get unnecessary arguments and people going OT as usual.

Fast in terms of:

top speed, acceleration, around the n'ring and then there is production, prototype, purpose built etc and the list can go on.

Even after you have specified all of this, some people will still go OT!!

Welcome to Tbhp..
Old 18th November 2007, 11:43   #159
BHPian

Quote:
My god you have to be kidding to be comparing F1 with Nascar. Why do you claim nascar to be the funniest sport in the world???? any logical reasons???
I understand if you compare f1 with indycar or champ car for that matter.
Get a grip on yourself dude.
Nascar racing is like WWF wrestling.
Old 18th November 2007, 18:01   #160
Senior - BHPian

I posted some information here, according to it "Dauer 962 Lemans" does 0-60 miles in just 2.6 seconds.
Old 18th November 2007, 19:23   #161

Quote:

Its just utterly pointless to see a number of cars circumnavigate a piece of ground. Why not have short drag races instead? Its plain boring as compared to any other form of motor-sport or anything else frankly.

I'd rather watch paint dry.
Old 19th November 2007, 05:59   #162
BHPian

I think every person has a different perspective of the kind of fast car he or she wants. But when it comes to actual engineering, I think American cars are in no way inferior to their European or Japanese competitors. I am pretty sure that you cannot find the kind of technology which is there in a Z06 for under 80000$ in any road car, European or Japanese. Or you will never find a car with as much grunt as a Dodge Viper for the price you get it for.
If you just look at the latest offerings from the big 3, you'll see the technology they use in no way inferior to what is used in other parts of the world (VVT, DOD, Gasoline Direct Injection, Magnetic Ride Control etc etc). So what if the Americans like a little more power because of their wide roads, it doesn't mean that they make crappy cars. Also in my opinion, Americans make some pretty damn good looking cars as well.
Old 19th November 2007, 11:06   #163
BHPian

Ot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I think every person has a different perspective of the kind of fast car he or she wants. But when it comes to actual engineering, I think American cars are in no way inferior to their European or Japanese competitors. I am pretty sure that you cannot find the kind of technology which is there in a Z06 for under 80000$ in any road car, European or Japanese. Or you will never find a car with as much grunt as a Dodge Viper for the price you get it for.
If you just look at the latest offerings from the big 3, you'll see the technology they use in no way inferior to what is used in other parts of the world (VVT, DOD, Gasoline Direct Injection, Magnetic Ride Control etc etc). So what if the Americans like a little more power because of their wide roads, it doesn't mean that they make crappy cars. Also in my opinion, Americans make some pretty damn good looking cars as well.
thats a 7ltr 505hp = 72bhp/ltr, pushrods no dohc,
but then as they say no replacement for displacement.

lets hope to see the LS9 with dohc.
Old 19th November 2007, 13:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
thats a 7ltr 505hp = 72bhp/ltr, pushrods no dohc,
but then as they say no replacement for displacement.

lets hope to see the LS9 with dohc.
I think many people have the misconception that if an engine has dohc, it is somewhat superior to those without DOHC. Some of the best engines in the world right now do not come with DOHC. As an example, consider the biturbo 6L V12 SOHC AMG used in many high end Mercs. It is in no way inferior to it's DOHC counterparts. Many automotive companies prefer not to use DOHC in their engine heads because of certain torque and rpm requirements. Japanese companies tend to use it in everything they make, and since in Asia they are really popular, people get the feeling that if they have a DOHC engine, it is better than the rest.

In fact, when I was a kid, people were so fascinated with the term that I used to see stickers on a Maruti 800 reading Twin Cam 16 valve. I'm sure you guys also must have seen it somewhere. In my opinion, the Japanese make low torque high revving engines which are pretty much useless in city driving unless you downshift every 10 seconds (be it manual or automatic). Check out the specs for the Civic Si and the Jetta GTI. Both have the exact same amount of power but the Jetta has approx. 50 ft lbs of torque more and at a much lower rpm range.

Also if you check out Chevy's offerings in the entry level segment in North America, you'll see that most of them have DOHC. It's not that they don't know how to use DOHC in their engines, it's just that they prefer not to use it in the Z06 now because of certain factors only known to them. Also they were the first to incorporate VVT with a pushrod, something which had never been done before.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:07   #165
Senior - BHPian

fastest car of all times : SSC AERO THRUST.

Fastest Production car : The Bugatti Veyron.

End of discussion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks